A 410 Goon moves to Hawaii

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

shipped 3 cars, including the 620 and the non op 240sx

via pasha. 1100ish each, 250 more for a non op. 

they didnt even inspect the interior and so i was able to smuggle most of my hazmat/garage liquids (oils, cleaning items, etc)

• Like 1

By the way.  That Rattle-Can job looks ridiculously good under that clear.  Great work so far.  If you spray the car, will you change the color?

Thanks, I wet sanded the primer and color between coats with 600. I'm not a huge red fan, but I think if\when I paint it, it would be hard, ethically to color change such an original car. But I do like the early Datsun seafoam green, and the gray bay would go well with it ; ).

Breaking news, my Datsun operative in Central Oregon just sourced a complete SSS front disc brake set up! Think I will upgrade now to a dual master cylinder.

70f427e5-5764-4c46-a22d-a9cd4537a280_zps

After seeing Just Joe'ls bay on Instagram. Guy sets the bar pretty high, yeah? I think I need to shave and tuck my bay more. Going to patch brake\clutch hardline holes in fender, repaint, route new lines through inner fenders and tuck below radiator. I'll pretty much have to repaint most everything, but I am used to it being in the high-end luxury home business. It will be easier the second time. LOL!

• Like 1

Yeah.  That bay pretty much haunts my dreams.  I'm tucking everything possible.  Empty is the goal, but I'm not interested in the battery re-locate yet.  I kinda like the battery near the coil and starter for functions sake.  But I may still move it later if it bugs me visually.  I hear you with Paint.  I never think of painting a car red, but its the stock color and it just seems right.  Plus it's grown on me.  That green is my favorite color from Datsun.  And I've seen Burgundy look great.   I almost left my bay grey when I was done with the epoxy primer and it looked so damn clean.  Don't worry about re-painting over and over.  By the time you are done you will have bought a gun and a quart of grey PPG for some real protection.  

shipped 3 cars, including the 620 and the non op 240sx

via pasha. 1100ish each, 250 more for a non op. 

they didnt even inspect the interior and so i was able to smuggle most of my hazmat/garage liquids (oils, cleaning items, etc)

so i picked up my car that the navy shipped via matson yesterday. A LOT of scratches. i filed a claim. more $ for me

Did I just see a navy guy just load up a bunch of flammables to put in a steel container on a steel boat on the Pacific?  

http://youtu.be/4-Idjc17Tkg

http://youtu.be/p2nsjd6tL0M?t=40s

:) hey, the ships and subs are loaded with flammables, and none of them ever just spontaneously combust.

plus the gas tanks all have gasoline in them

so i picked up my car that the navy shipped via matson yesterday. A LOT of scratches. i filed a claim. more $ for me

:) hey, the ships and subs are loaded with flammables, and none of them ever just spontaneously combust.

plus the gas tanks all have gasoline in them

For what it is worth!  In 1960 I shipped a 1955 Chevy Bel Aire sedan to Japan.  Fair trade I came back with a wife and a daughter, have them both, both  the spare tank of oil that I had in the trunk and my " improvised" USEast Coast beer tap replacement for the stock gear shift lever 'ADORNMENT" did not survive the trip between Oakland and Yokohama..  I left my 1955 Bel Aire in the capabable hahds of a Junior mechanic who had an off base garage with several Japanese employees and I hope it is still in Tokyo or San Francisco where his Father ran a Chevrolet dealership!

Josh I miss that wagon, Make sure you let me drive it next time im in Hawaii, whatever happened to the lost keys? That is probably the lowest or zero corrosion 410 we will ever find again. Im on the trail of another one , a SSS 411 1967 sedan. Looks like you have a lot of energy and get it done.

Tom Neely

Josh I miss that wagon, Make sure you let me drive it next time im in Hawaii, whatever happened to the lost keys? That is probably the lowest or zero corrosion 410 we will ever find again. Im on the trail of another one , a SSS 411 1967 sedan. Looks like you have a lot of energy and get it done.

Tom Neely

I pulled the ignition and dropped it off at local locksmith. $36 later I had 2 new keys, easier than trying to deal with the shipper. Really busy with a big competition our gym is hosting next weekend. But after that I will get back to work. But that doesn't mean I can't fit in some EBay shopping here and there...

I feel like both of you guys will have show cars by the time I finish my wagon.

I think we would all be stoked if that was not true.  More the merrier.  Your wagon is pimp already.  Though all of these cars need attention.  Too bad you are on Honolulu Island.

• 1 month later...

I hosted a CrossFit competition, bought a 64 Honda 305 Scrambler, been to a Christmas party every night for the last five nights, and bought a piece of land to build a new house( with 750sf shop!) all in the last month. Progress on the Datto is glacial, but I'll get back on the horse soon...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Yeah. I'd love one too. I think I'll buy this one once he throws a ton of time and money into it.

image_zps0c8a193e.jpg

Here's one that already has an a12 or a15 swap. Same price as it cost me to ship mine from California to Hawaii...

Tr8r, be glad you have a wagon that has a little aftermarket support. Finding ball joints for me is like an epic quest!

I meant that finding parts for us 410/411 was more difficult than the 510 that tr8r has. A little jealous about that wagon for sale, if I were to do a swap I would most likely do an A-series. As of now I'm waiting for I don't know how many months for my E1 to be rebuilt. Apparently the machine shop broke the first timing chain kit and are having a problem getting the second one to fasten to the cam...but I It's not really holding me up because I barely got anything done lately. The front suspension is on the floor of my shed waiting for me to tear it apart and rebuild it.

• Like 1