Good Exhaust shop in Tacoma area?

So I am just about to finish up my 280z, and the last thing I need is to have the exhaust ran from the header back. Normally I do my own exhaust work but for this build I want it to be done right.  Any one know a good exhaust shop in Tacoma? Also I have no idea what a good price on exhaust work is, I have the header installed, I am thinking of adding a flex joint, then straight back to a Dyno max muffler.

Any good recommendations on exhaust systems?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

Interested too. I'm not in need of an exhaust anytime soon but it'll be good to know when the time comes.

Bucky's did my current 2" exhaust and it seems to be good work... felt like I got over charged though since the first exhaust I'd gotten was 250 when i lived in CA. It was a good job too. I just ruined by hitting a rock, went down hill from there. I payed 500+ and provided the header. Part of the cost was removing a broke exhaust bolt tho so maybe that's just a pricey procedure. They'd be worth a quote tho

To give you an idea of pricing on this side of the water. Keep in mind, this is running full exhaust (aluminized) up to existing downpipe.

On a truck - Intermediate pipe (from head pipe to muffler) $75 - $125, muffler can vary from $69 - $200, tail pipe is $75 - $125. Now on a Datsun it would be the $75, lower end due to how short they are. You are looking at $150 + muffler depending on what you choose.

• 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Reviving an old thread to get updated info.

I'm looking for a good exhaust shop near bremerton for my 210. I got quoted $360 for a catback and me providing the muffler. Seems high, but maybe not? 

Also, for an 81 210 with A15, the thrush turbo (17703) and 1.5in pipe won't be obnoxiously loud will it? I had the same muffler in my 620 and liked the sound since it wasn't too loud.  

Thanks in advance for the help! 

Edited by Hawaiian620
7 hours ago, Hawaiian620 said:

I'm looking for a good exhaust shop near bremerton for my 210. I got quoted $360 for a catback and me providing the muffler. Seems high, but maybe not? 

Also, for an 81 210 with A15, the thrush turbo (17703) and 1.5in pipe won't be obnoxiously loud will it? I had the same muffler in my 620 and liked the sound since it wasn't too loud.  

I had an exhaust done on my 510 from the resonator back including muffler for $250. Probably would be about $300 today I'm guessing. the price is a little high, but might be fitting for the market.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Draker said:

I had an exhaust done on my 510 from the resonator back including muffler for $250. Probably would be about $300 today I'm guessing. the price is a little high, but might be fitting for the market.

Thanks for the response! Kind of what I'm thinking. I usually go to an exhaust place in beaverton, but since moving im not sure where to go. Prices seem high compared to the beaverton place, but could be tax difference and the 6 year inflation. As little as it might be. 

• Like 1
On 4/16/2021 at 11:33 AM, Hawaiian620 said:

What's the diameter of the 210 pipe originally?

If 1.5" stock a 1 5/8" is 14% larger. A 1 3/4" is almost 60%Larger.

56 minutes ago, datzenmike said:

What's the diameter of the 210 pipe originally?

If 1.5" stock a 1 5/8" is 14% larger. A 1 3/4" is almost 60%Larger.

If I remember correctly its 1 1/4 to the cat, 2in from cat to muffler then 1.5 after that. Theres 3 different diameter pipes. I could have the sizes wrong, but I know they were all different. 

20210416_093825.jpg

20210416_093833.jpg

Edited by Hawaiian620

I had an '82 GP Pontiac with no muffler just the Cat. Damn it sounded great. What would a 4 banger sound like with just the Cat? GM used  a cat full of pellets in it? Nissan was honeycomb? You might not need a muffler.

5 hours ago, banzai510(hainz) said:

If that a photo of your exhaust whats wrong with it now? I dont see NO holes in anything.

I think I just leave it alone

Probably will till end of summer. I'm not in a rush to change it out. Nothing wrong with it. Was mainly wanting to replace the slightly rusted tailpipe with a new one, figured I'd change the muffler for something different,  but in no means loud. Spring/summer are the maintenance/new stuff seasons. Otherwise it stays in the garage. 

@datzenmike i'm not too sure, I've never seen the inside of one. Honeycomb sounds right from what I know about my xterra.