Any Metal Fans?

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am insane. Because I saw this band when I was 15 or so. Saw them @ the Cow Palace with Credence Clearwater Revival and Canned Heat, for $1.50. Saw them @ the Carousel Ballroom and later when it changed into Fillmore West. By then I saw Black Sabbath and Judas Priest on their 1st american tours too. I saw Steppenwolf @ the Avalon Ballroom and that was a mind blower. Yeah it was heavy, but because of the vocals and B3 sound. Blue Cheer was a trio and I'm here to tell you I stood right in front of the shit... it was heavy. 

The metal stuff, who metaled first, metaled hardest... I don't know, I'm insane. I saw lots of heavy bands like Cream, Who, Deep Purple, Hendrix... all loud as fuck too. 

So check it out. When we were kids coming home after school, we watched Dance Party on black and white TV. I give it a 65 Dick, because it has a nice beat and you can dance to it. Watch the interview at the end, these guys are tripping their brains out! This is why I am insane... blue cheer

This is an epic ratsun thread...

I have a Dir en Grey album I've had for like 6 years now and still have yet to listen to it. A friend gave it to me and I didn't know what it was.

Guess ill give it a try.

Dir En Grey is pretty awesome, I listen to Nagoya Kei/Visual Kei which essentially is melancholic Japanese metal..... Ha!  More "Screamo-esque" I guess though but they've got killer songs.

Deathgaze, Lynch., Berry, Deluhi, meth., -OZ-, UnsraW, 9 Goats Blackout, are some pretty awesome.

Lead singer of Lynch was the Lead singer of Deathgaze for a bit.

Anybody know or remember this Japanese metal band? Going way back now.

http://youtu.be/5Oi7etAy_mA

My second daughter's band, The Iron Maidens,com has already played  Tokyo and the environs.  They really rock!  I am trying to get them to go to Yokuska to visit the grave of the "real" Aisan San, who was a real Easterner who became a "Hatamoto" retainer to the ruling  "three holly hock" Tokugawa reigning family.  In Japan he is "Aizu, Ansen San ".  He and his japanese wife are buried on a hill side overlooking the current joint  Naval Base Yokusuka.  Any local  can guide to you to their tomb!  Ask for "Aizen Ansen San" or you will get a blank stare for your efforts. Sometimes TV programming is not all that wrong!  He is  still there and is a vital coordination between the Old fashioned  pre Meji government and the more modern 'educated" Maji era modernization era of Japanese relations with the Western powers.  He was granted the feif of "Aizen" on the Southern area of the current Izo Peninsula, a beautiful area!  Coincedanttly, that.s where Admiral Perry and the "Black Ships" made their first appearance.  The "Black Ships" festival is celebrated to this day.  Not to mention the "Chinko" fesival where sterile women stradle the HUGH phalllic sytmbol hoping toget pregnant before the next ywear,   You can only hope!

Dir en Grey chained their style quite a bit and now they aren't so visual kei anymore. Kyo is just doing it his way now. Their newest album Dum Spiro Spero is pretty awesome!

Concerto Moon is a pretty amazing J-Power Metal Band.

I actually can't stand iwrestledabearonce, tried listening to one of their songs, just sounds like noise to my ears.

When it comes to metalcore I stick to Caliban or Heaven Shall Burn.

If I need a laugh I just watch a Nekrogoblikon video lol

Dir en Grey chained their style quite a bit and now they aren't so visual kei anymore. Kyo is just doing it his way now. Their newest album Dum Spiro Spero is pretty awesome!

Just went through my iTunes and looks like I deleted the album. Oh well.

I actually can't stand iwrestledabearonce, tried listening to one of their songs, just sounds like noise to my ears.

Its not for everyone.

When it comes to metalcore I stick to Caliban or Heaven Shall Burn.

I used to listen to Caliban in high school. I saw them in concert once in '04 or '05. Put on a good show.