Any Metal Fans?

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been really trying to give the growlers a listen to but I just can't get into them.  Sure, I like bands that have some harsh vocals but they are followed up with melodic singing (Disarmonia Mundi comes to mind):

Thanks for posting them though as I've listened to most. 

• Like 1

You should check out Soilwork and In Flames if you havent heard of them before. Probably some of the fewer not all "growling" bands I like. Im sure theres some more as it was some of the early metal I was into. 

I have been really trying to give the growlers a listen to but I just can't get into them.  Sure, I like bands that have some harsh vocals but they are followed up with melodic singing (Disarmonia Mundi comes to mind):

You should check out Soilwork and In Flames if you havent heard of them before. Probably some of the fewer not all "growling" bands I like. Im sure theres some more as it was some of the early metal I was into. 

I'm with ktm. tristin is right tho. A friend of mine knows one of the people in InFlames and turned me on to them. I posted one of their songs on page 13 in this thread. They have the growling but also the singing. Good stuff!

Sometimes I love Youtube......they've been on rotation on my Pandora channel and I had to check them out:

I dont normally click on other posters videos here (except Archtype) since its not usually what I ever listen to, but since youre new Im seeing what youre into. I was a bit confused on your video at first until I noticed they were Japanese... then it made sense. I actually enjoyed that which is weird since I told like softer metal and I dont like the Japanese stuff either. 

One Japanese metal band I do like is this:

This has been a favorite for awhile and it took me a long time to track down the album. They arent from the US and didnt have it anywhere online except iTunes which I couldnt purchase in the US. Finally got it though... its an amazing CD.

I agree have this track on my playlist, I used to have huge cd collection of CDs unforchinately when hard times came I sold all of my good metal albums now I used spotify to find most of the music i used to have.

I agree have this track on my playlist, I used to have huge cd collection of CDs unforchinately when hard times came I sold all of my good metal albums now I used spotify to find most of the music i used to have.

I still torrent a ton of stuff. I also now get a bunch of albums off Bandcamp as they tend to be pretty cheap (and a lot are by donation so you get to name your own price). I went dark for awhile never picking up new music and Ive just recently got back into pickup up albums... Ive missed out on so much music being deployed with the Navy. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...