POST Craigslist eBay ads here...

• Replies 10.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This guy insists that this roadster is a '66 and a half. No such thing. He's pretty snotty about it, too!

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4013194927.html

So why is this for sale if he says in his add "2 more weeks and it goes to the shop to begin the transformation and Will not be for sale any longer. Last Chance!"

I bet in a month it will be either still for sale or back for sale in the same condition it is in right now.

This guy has had this on CL off and on for a couple years:

01212_dMSvMbI7SXs_600x450.jpg

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/cto/4062392835.html

I saw it when I bought my truck - it's still a mess, with it's hacked in 240z 6cyl - but I see it's sporting white walls now!

I'm not interested (I've got a much nicer '73 620 for sale myself) ... but I bet he'll take $100~$200 for it, just saying.

This was at datsloco meet.  Sure it will be there again in october.  Still a lot of work!

That's one way to look at it ... another would be .. could someone part it out and make some money from it?

(and I'm not talking selling the VIN stuff either, though it is most likely the most valuable part of the package)

There was not much for parts.  This thing was CHOPPED!  (if i remember correctly)  But you could still make some money if you had it for cheap.  

$2000 seems like a lot of money!?  Am I wrong?

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/4048820894.html

I'm interested in the car, so why is it not worth the $2K? (Seriously, I need to know)  It is all factory, the upgraded suspension is factory, the R16 SSS engine is factory, someone was going to pull the engine and stopped part way six months ago because he couldn't reach, so some assembly is required, and I'd need to get it shipped home rather than fix it there and drive it a long haul.  Needs an alternator and battery, apparently the alternator is not available anywhere (no surprise) so I'd be inclined to just do a motor swap right off. Engine bay is tiny, the exhaust actually goes out the fenderwell.  So, how much is this car really worth?

Supposedly, I can sell the engine (R16 SSS motor, for US only) for nearly as much as the car (since they are so rare).  Basically a primer car, with some home-done paint, ran until the alternator crapped out, and supposedly can show it running with a test battery.  Needs front seat.  Not much rust.  I'm really far from this car, so maybe someone would like to check it out on my behalf?  I've made no commitment, but belongs to a young guy who bought it from a friend, who bought it from another, and that from the original owner.  (passed between friends, not all over the place).  Respond here, but maybe it is more appropriate to PM me?

How much could I get for a running R16 engine from a factory 411 SSS , complete with intake, exhaust, transmission, maybe driveshaft?  If sufficient, then I can buy this 411 wagon as the basis for my crazy project.

Likewise, how much is the suspension worth, if I were to sell that off this car, too?

I don't know enough about 411's to answer your questions.

If I were looking at buying it, I'd try to get it between $1200 and $1600. 

If it were running as is, I'd be more comfortable at the $1600-$1800.... But there are two many unknowns about the car for me;

Does the car actually run? and Run well?  (can you turn the engine over by turning the crank pulley?)

The body looks a bit rough in the pictures.  You say there is no rust, but is there bondo covering rust?

I think parts for the 411 are a bit hard to find.  Make sure it is as complete as possible.  Little hard to find parts add $$ up quick.

I'm sure you can replace the alternator with another unit from something different....

I re-read your posts.... If you haven't actually seen the car, then get it as cheap as possible.  It will probably be worse off than you expect.  If your looking at shipping the car, have you checked into cost?  $400-$800?  That would be my guess.  That takes you back up to $2000.  If that's a car you really want, and you are well versed in body work, and have $$ in your pocket to fix what needs to be fixed, then....