• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm still so lost where he got this price from $12K

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/cto/4463231310.html

01313_aChnrH4LGMC_600x450.jpg

This car was priced at $40k not too long ago then the ad got taken down.

Funny how he says he doesn't know the year when he was certain it we a 69 lol but the vin said otherwise.

This car was priced at $40k not too long ago then the ad got taken down.

Funny how he says he doesn't know the year when he was certain it we a 69 lol but the vin said otherwise.

Yes, and we were sure it was a '73 with the flat tops. Sounds like he wants a lot of money for a car he doesn't have a clue about.  B)  

Yes, and we were sure it was a '73 with the flat tops. Sounds like he wants a lot of money for a car he doesn't have a clue about.  B)  

I think I have found what all this "extra" money is for.  That one of a kind trailer it is on.  Thats work 10K right there.

I guess the old days of driving a $400.00 Datsun home are over, we have been spoiled living in the PNW, land of a Datsun on every corner, times have changed.

If that 320 truck is straight and mostly there, that would seem to be the going rate anymore, there are a few up here also, that are priced at $2000.00 or more that need a tow home for various reasons, the thing is that these 320 trucks seem to be a rare find in running condition anymore, there are a few of the expensive projects out there, but drivers for sale are a rare find anymore, unless you are willing to pay large sums of money for a finished runner.

Funny thing is that there is a 520 around here that is actually a good buy, but it needs a few things finished also, it likely would not take long to get it on the road, but we are spoiled here in the PNW, and the 520 is just not getting it's deserved love, and I am not sure why.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/4451218367.html

Funny thing is that there is a 520 around here that is actually a good buy, but it needs a few things finished also, it likely would not take long to get it on the road, but we are spoiled here in the PNW, and the 520 is just not getting it's deserved love, and I am not sure why.

That 520 is foul, that's why nobody wants it.  The paint, the cab chop, the interior.  It'd probably sell if he slapped an unmolested cab on it.

• Like 1

J1300 Rebuilt for $2100 and there is a FRAM?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/4467490768.html

01313_98gKv6foVwM_600x450.jpg

I see the orange Fram tar tops on a lot of perfomance engines in magazines, on YouTube, and in Craigslist ads. They have cardboard ends glued to the paper filtering element, whereas a WIX, or Motorcraft has the filtering element enclosed in a metal perforated case. They will probably work OK if changed very frequently. For a couple bucks more, you can buy a quality oil filter. Why do they use them? Maybe because they are cheap, look cool, or because they see others using them, who knows? I do know that some used to use the orange filter because it half-assed matched the Chevy moly orange engine color. I used to use the solid orange performance version of the Fram, but I remember them having the metal perforated case with a high burst capacity outer canister.  

"dropped on spindles and blocks"  he has dropped spindles on his 74'.?? 

Never heard of them for the torsion bar setup. I would adjust/re-index the ones on my Datsun & Toyota P/U's to lower the front.