Should I Buy this? 1967 411

Should I buy this? He wants $1000 Is it worth that? He has all the parts for it. It was running when it was dismantled. He says that he has disk brakes from a 280z that will bolt up with caliper adapters????  He has a new rebuilt radiator for and the rear window also. It needs a windshield, are the available? 

http://lethbridge.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-classic-cars-1967-Datsun-411-W0QQAdIdZ471827179

T2eC16RHJF8E9nnC7QfcBR4T7pZMQ48_20_zpsb8

T2eC16VsE9swmZv57BR4U4WW-48_20_zps04d5c6

T2eC16VyUE9s6NElygBR4UWWL2Q48_20_zps883b

T2eC16Jy0E9s2S5qrBR4VRsCYw48_20_zps469d1

T2eC16VHJHoE9n3Ke5CBR4UmPjcQ48_20_zpsd50

T2eC16JHJHwE9n8igvnBR4V0m88w48_20_zps7a4

/

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

needs tons of work...how's your mechanical, electrical and fabrication skills?  do you have a place to work on the car?  do you have tools and all kinds?

I am not afraid of the work involved,yes I have tools and space....Take a look at my build thread for my truck. I am just not sure of the availability of parts like the windshield.

You like the ones with small engine compartments, don't ya.  :lol:

Why did the guy dismantle it in the first place?

That's a lot of money for a basket case, but I almost paid more than that for a 320 myself, but I got control of my urge and don't regret it, yet.

He was going to soda blast it then paint it. He was building it with his son but the son lost interest.  

I am not afraid of the work involved,yes I have tools and space....Take a look at my build thread for my truck. I am just not sure of the availability of parts like the windshield.

Besides windshield what other parts are hard to get?  Good you are thinking with your head not with your heart.  Find out from other Ratsuners who have this car and see what is hard to get...good luck.

id throw out an 800$ offer if he was willing to throw in the rotisserie and the tent.  im not sure why you guys are saying its in bad shape, the metal seems to look pretty solid, its just a dismantled car.

I don't think anybody said it's in bad shape. What I heard the majority say is that we don't think it's worth $1000, which is exactly what you just said.

I don't think anybody said it's in bad shape. What I heard the majority say is that we don't think it's worth $1000, which is exactly what you just said.

"you guys" was probably a poor choice of words looking back, i was referring to wayno when he called it a basket case.  

Too much dough for a basket case IMO

But it's a Datsun so..

If it's a solid body, and we all know it is rare, then it's worth it. As for the windshield, I have found, if you look hard enough, eventually you will find what you want, or someone that can make it for you.