The forgotten Beige 69 510 build *Pics fixed through page 16*

Draker

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just picked up the rings and bearings. The rings are chrome.. which I am a little worried they could have trouble seating. I did hone the cylinders.. so there is a nice crosshatch for them to work with.

Really though, it was these rings or no rings. lol.. so I can't complain at all.

• Like 2

I just picked up the rings and bearings. The rings are chrome.. which I am a little worried they could have trouble seating. I did hone the cylinders.. so there is a nice crosshatch for them to work with.

Really though, it was these rings or no rings. lol.. so I can't complain at all.

Where is the positive Draker I know ? that thing is gonna run like a champ ! 

Because I am sure I would be able to hear you yell from my house if it has a noise . :w00t:   thats like 15 miles  :w00t:

• Like 1

Where is the positive Draker I know ? that thing is gonna run like a champ ! 

Because I am sure I would be able to hear you yell from my house if it has a noise . :w00t:   thats like 15 miles  :w00t:

Today has been shit so far. Woke up, backed out of the driveway.. instantly heard a popping sound as I let off the brake. Sounded like an object puncturing a tire. Drove to work, checked tires. No issue. On lunch drove to get the parts, on the way there. Low tire light.. get to the shop. Flat tire. As in flat flat. Probably going to need a new tire. Change tire in the pouring ass rain, on my lunch. Drop car off at the dealer to get patched or replaced.

This would be the 5th flat in about a year. hmm seems suspicious... likely it is.

Got the crank installed, clearances checked. Mic'd all crank and rod journels. Ringed all the pistons. Checked ring to ring land clearance. Checked ring gap in the bores. Started to install the pistons, but I'm going to double check all the ring positions again.. that will be tomorrow.

I'm hoping I get the motor built and drop it in tomorrow.. or at least ready to drop in.

• Like 3

Craig got her going in time for the poker run and she ran great, at the beginning she was running a little rich but on the way back I was behing all the way to Eugene and she burned very clean, no smoke whatsoever :thumbup:

Here's some oics at the Pass...

20160417_132209.jpg

20160417_132109.jpg

20160417_132427.jpg

From snowman to snowrat!

20160417_132534.jpg

• Like 3

Congrats on the success! The late night thrash before an event is one my most cherished aspects of this hobby. When we dig deep and focus under pressure... The things we can accomplish - pretty amazing.

• Like 3