Bought a ZX and forgot about the permit

throw some octane booster and your tank and see what happens, the motor in my eclipse is a swapped jdm 6bolt 4g63 and was getting pre-detonation every now and then on 86 octane, put some premuim in there and I didn't get any pre-detonation, tried 86 octane again later on and it started knocking again.

I am currently using high octane gas... 

Plus, I'm even on colder plug (BPR6ES-11) than what the engine had (BPR5ES)

and changing the plug to colder ones gave me a little more power...

Im not sure if its Pre-ignition...  

also it doesn't make the sound when rpm is dropping no matter what range it is in btw. 

and it makes a small.. Very small mis/backfire every 3~5 sec or so randomly at idle. 

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They should fit... Widest part is right at the rim, and should only go past the rim if the tires have rim protectors on them.

Assuming 15x9 and 215/60/15 on the front.

^ woah, Exactly the tire size I was planning on getting.  

Yeah Hopefully it does...  cause I think 215 stretched on 15x9 should clear the spring perch (NOT SHOWN ON PIC) the strut case its self isnt too much of a problem

You can barely hear the rattle but ad the engine warms up and visco goes down, it starts making the noise 
vid of warmed up engine you can sorta hear the ratatatatata sound at beggining but barely.... It makes no vibration of that of piston,rod slaps 
My best bet is that I'm not familliar with noises older car makes

Well probably due to the 200k miles + hot houston weather and design of damn non cross frow inline six, the poor z suffered heatsoak / slight vaporlock yesterday.    So I did this 

P1000417.JPG

Hard to see but put heatshield tape allover the stock top portion of in-mani and injector and fuel lines.

hopefully itll stay on there. 

also guna prly make a custom fiberglass induction cowl to replace the crappy hood vents

I hate when things come back to bite you in the ass...

Lol, When I ment "non-functional" I mean It really wasnt working... 

Someone in the past seems to have replaced the fuse but it was blow again somehow... So I assumed If I put the fuse back in there it'll blow again.. 

Probably a short in the circuit somewhere... and I'm not all that electrical.. 

My steering wheel was squishy as tofu... So I chopped it up like one and put double layer of Road Bike tape. 

P1000428.JPG

You should try holding the 510/610/710 wheels. Hard as rock and about as thick as your little finger. Your hand get bruised from lots of hard steering. I have that model steering wheel in both my 710s and love the feel and the horn locations. Perfect.