Bought a ZX and forgot about the permit

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes I used bunch of brass fittings and hellova clamps to make a fuel rail with shit quality fuel hoses. 
No, I don't have the money or tools to make an aluminium fuel rail.. 

P1000610.JPG

P1000611.JPG

Install the fuel-pump
Do something about the Distributor 
Vacuum lines
tune 

and I'm done... SO CLOSE...   

(*also Is it ok that my return line has quite a bit of fuel pressure?....   Its coming back from the tank and it bothers me..... ) 

Have a look at the ALL the mating surfaces (bolt, copper washers and line), there might be an imperfection that you could possibly file down.

Assemble it, turn on the pump so it pressurizes and tighten it, wipe it ~ and tighten it more until it stops wetting your finger when you check it.

Did they give you the copper crush washers with your banjo bolt? If not, that's your problem. They're pretty important because they machine the parts so that the tolerances require you to use them.

Also, yeah, the money spent on a fuel rail is money well spent.

Have a look at the ALL the mating surfaces (bolt, copper washers and line), there might be an imperfection that you could possibly file down.

Assemble it, turn on the pump so it pressurizes and tighten it, wipe it ~ and tighten it more until it stops wetting your finger when you check it.

Did they give you the copper crush washers with your banjo bolt? If not, that's your problem. They're pretty important because they machine the parts so that the tolerances require you to use them.

Also, yeah, the money spent on a fuel rail is money well spent.

Yeah, i have washers and gasket on there but its pretty crushed already... Thats probably why. Can i use cheap oil drain plug washers as an alternative?

The copper washers can be bought for just a couple bucks at an auto parts store, what gasket are you referring to? Should only be two copper washers, I could be wrong though.

The rebuild kit included 2 fabric? Fiber ish washers. The old carbs came with really squished aluminium washers

These carbs are Gddamn amazing....  Its not in the video but it started on the first turn.  then after adjusting, It Idled PERFECTLY....   I love it..  

Gotta adjust air Fuel ratio tommorow. Its running a little on lean side in the vid.

Also the Fuel from banjo stopped leaking after a while... weird.   but will keep an eye on it. 

• Like 1

does the fuel supply feed the front or rear carb first?

to be honest I have no idea 

It drops in the center and returns from both sides.  

he rear carb gets no or too little rpm change to notice when i lift the piston while when i do that to the front, it dies. 

I tried fiddling with fuel level but no luck, so I put it back to what it should be.

also I tried loosening the needle, push the piston then turn it so the needle shoulder is flat with the very bottom of the piston but that made the lean front carb even lean-er, while the rear carbs were unaffected...  I raise the piston in the rear, No change. 

I'm starting to guess this is a throttle leak problem....  

or its running on one carbs. . 

Re routed the fuel line, no change at all.

Whats weird is that even if i lift the piston of the rear carb pretty far, theres no rpm change so you'd think the rear isnt getting anyfuel. But when you look at the spark plugs, the rear 3 cyl are wet and fouled while the front are dry but black.... Damn right i am confused

what's got you thinking there's a lean condition? could you post another vid with rpm range, and then explanation of what condition and what you think is causing it?

show us how you're checking for richer or leaner on the eng...

so back three cylinders arent firing?

sounds like its running on all cylinders

but it seems like its not firing or too rich..... to be honest its hard to tell.. 

but if this helps you, when I put Unisyn on the rear carb, the rpm goes up...    

when i lift the piston pretty damn high nothing happens..  if it were running right, im sure it'll flood with fuel