Bought a ZX and forgot about the permit

I've been working my ass off since I was about 14 at the roller rink and finally got my dream ride... 280zx. 
I really don't care what people say about S130's styling ...  I love it. 

P1000047.JPG

I thought the 83' 280zx had NACA scoop, Turbo and non turbo? 

P1000044.JPG

Some exaust of unknow origin... the Guy before me put it on I guess.. 

You can't see well in the picture but theres quite a bit of rust. (not much for houston car)  
I Don't have much money so still deciding on what to do with the car.  most likely going to slam it :D

• Like 1
  • Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good deal man.  Bought my first car before I could drive....kinda sucked to just be able to look at it for 2 or 3 months til I got my drivers license.  My first wasn't a Datsun.......but my second one was.

P1000056.JPG

Huge arse chip on left door 

P1000057.JPG

Rust on left lower fender. (doesnt penetrate) 

P1000058.JPG|

tail light housing. 

P1000060.JPG

Rear cargo belt thing. 

P1000064.JPG

aaaand the gdamn spare tire well nissan just had to put at the weridest place. 

I dont have a welder and this isn't a exterior body panel soo.... 

P1000065.JPG

I guess that should stop the rust for now...   Undercoating rubberish thing on a interior like a rebel. 

P1000069.JPG

Who knew rust could get on rubber :D

The '79-81 non turbo had the twin louvers. The '81-83 turbo and '82-83 non turbo had the functional naca duct and pass louver.

All the louvers were functional.

Starting with the '77 280z, they all had functioning vents

I've been working my ass off since I was about 14 at the roller rink and finally got my dream ride... 280zx. 

I really don't care what people say about S130's styling ...  I love it. 

I'm not a fan but I'm glad you are and have achieved your dream. This is what it's all about. When I was your age I wanted a '64-'65 Dodge Dart but with one of the newer 340 engines in it.

congrats! dont worry what others think, it is your car so as long as you enjoy it, rock it.

i had an 81zx i drove forever and it had plenty of rust bubbles and the entire lower spare tire area was gone.

only piece of advise is to spend a little more for some POR15 to truely inhibit that rust.

Alright, sorry about that. Hard to tell from my pictures if there is a hole in the hood.

no problem, I always thought all L series engines had a 2 piece crank pulley. It's no wonder the 4 cyls like to spin their oil filter off.

The L and Z series cranks are well balanced to begin with. lol, never had a filter come off but I did blow an oil filter up twice before I figured out correctly that the pressure relief valve was jammed by a piece of flashing. The first crank damper I know of is on the KA motor. (there may be others)

The L and Z series cranks are well balanced to begin with. lol, never had a filter come off but I did blow an oil filter up twice before I figured out correctly that the pressure relief valve was jammed by a piece of flashing. The first crank damper I know of is on the KA motor. (there may be others)

The L6 motors had the damper.

Hmm... I guess the guy replaced the hood with the early model for whatever reason. because this IS a 83 from the info plate thing I'm looking at...  

anyways, worked on the F'd up tint that made the thing's visibility like a M1A1 Abrams. 

P1000071.JPG

FYI, theres My Dad's Miata behind this window...  LOL.  
I guess the thing has been on there since 1983 or something...  The Tint is dry as a old man's dandruff. 

P1000073.JPG

supposedly the ammonia gets under the tint and makes it easier to peel off old tints.....   supposedly.. 

Well, The ammonia spray barely worked so I just decided to use a razor scraper. 

hey its working well... wait... what was that ? 

P1000074.JPG

ruh oh. 

P1000075.JPG

3ojj43.jpg

R.I.P Defogger.... I loved you.  :'( 

P1000077.JPG

At least I can see the Miata now.. 

• Like 1

The crappy autozone CAI which I really doubt its filtering was "saggy"  

P1000082.JPG

So I decided to Zip-tie everything today. 

P1000078.JPG

CD player 

P1000084.JPG

This shall be fun.. 

P1000086.JPG

Used like 5 zip-ties just to fix the grill. 

P1000089.JPG

I hope this one doesn't melt. 

P1000091.JPG

And the CAI had nowhere to go so I just tied it to the Hood torsion bar lol. 

That's quite a bit of rust. I hope you are prepared. I love my s130 because it was so much easier and cheaper to find one without rust compared to an s30. Also that kinda sucks about your defogger. It's like the only electrical in my car that doesn't work and I wish it did. Damn FL mornings shits all fogged up.