Bought a ZX and forgot about the permit

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do it! Widebody ftw!!! Nothing wrong with fiberglass, do some hand formed bubble flares with foam and fiberglass.

Currently I'm planning on buying a rear wide body kit from this "store" (Guna keep it a secret till I get enough money so no-one else can steal my master plan.) since I really love the way they shaped it.

Its 4 inches wider so... 

Plan A: Total cost 1050 

-Stay with the current wheel 

-2in spacers 

-295 or 275/50 R15 on rear for that meat stance. 

-widebody

Plan B: Total Cost 1634 

-Put some deep dish jeep aluminium wheels. they come in rediculous offsets without paying fortune.

-1inch 4x4.5 to 5x4.5 adapter 

-295 or 275/50 R15 

-widebody

either way It's guna have to extend to next year since I'm broke - a - broke right now.

have you thought about diamond racing steelies? the 15s go up to 10 inches wide

Eh, Thanks but no thanks. They're too damn heavy and funny looking. 

I know what wide body your talking about don't worry I won't share its a cool idea!

oh darn. lol  Its not IMSA btw. Hint hint.     Hopefully that shop is still in buisness. 

You can fit 305's under rolled fenders in the rear..... 

Also "Stay with the current wheel" and "295 or 275/50 R15 on rear" will not work. You will probably not find a shop that will mount a 275 on an 8" wide wheel (I think that's what you have). You need a minimum of 10" wide for that width.

A 275 will fit on a 9" but will be bulged out like crazy. I picked up some 17x9's with 275 toyo RA1's on and they bulged, they just didn't looked right. A 10" would be better. 

You're probably rubbing because you have a crappy offset or bad spacer combo and stock suspension. When you lower the car you get negative camber which helps fit

A 275 will fit on a 9" but will be bulged out like crazy. I picked up some 17x9's with 275 toyo RA1's on and they bulged, they just didn't looked right. A 10" would be better. 

You're probably rubbing because you have a crappy offset or bad spacer combo and stock suspension. When you lower the car you get negative camber which helps fit

Bad suspension for sure. But the only reason why I said 275 was because I sorta wanted that Racecar look If I were to Wide body it and 4 inches of extra fender is pretty damn hard to fill.   

My rub really isnt from offset (I dont use spacers. 15x9 -15) but from The 60 sidewall ratio and Old suspension components.

Started Z31 tail light swap. Its going okay so far. here and there there are parts that doesn't fit too well but It'll work out.    The harness is already done. Just gotta make some fiberglass parts to fill up the hole. and also a bracket so the lights wont fall off.   Doesn't seem to come up on ebay often. 

If I do get a welder and a grinder in the future, I might as well cut off the whole panel and put a Z31 one in. 

IMG_0798.JPG

IMG_0797.JPG

IMG_0795.JPG