1964 Datsun NL320

McKamish

I have looked for this question on the site, but failed to find it, so hopefully posting it is ok.

So I have had this truck since my father bought a new one, and he had it since 1965, when he bought it from a man who had it for maybe 6 months after buying it new. I am now interested in selling it.

so my question is, how much do I ask for it? (i know that is a tough question to answer, but if anyone can help me, i would gladly answer any questions involved in evaluating the value.)

-John

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is only worth $500 and you should sell it to me.:D

Nah,Im just kidding. It really does depend on condition since those are very hard to find parts for. I would think middle blue book would be a couple grand. Thats decent non dilapidated cancer condition.

running,decent body decent interior about 2500 to maybe 5000,not running 1000 to 2500,depends how bad they wanted,that is my input,this is in california,all depends..........:cool:

Location and pics would help a lot. If you're in the middle of Kansas and don't want to ship, you probably won't get much. If you're on the west coast near a populated area, it should pull pretty good. I know of a stock NL that sold in the Salem area....still needed a good bit of brake work and such to get it on the road....went for about $4000, but it was in really nice shape.

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is. I am in San Diego County, California. 2 spots of rust: one at the top of the tail gate and a little on the passenger side just behind the light. (cant see it in any of these images.) they are both small spots. I cleaned out all the junk in the bed and there was no rust underneath.

Thanks for all the comments!

l_0bcb0c51b7d86fe0385fa3e7b5b1d26c.jpg

l_23614b34cf94ec6e9afcfe718ec8a047.jpg

l_5705c908e307a90915f7b1dd21b57b70.jpg

OMG!!! Holy crap sums it up pretty nicely too! You're in an awesome location to command top dollar and the rig is in great shape to command it as well. The question...what is top dollar. Just the way it sits, with a clear title, my guess is somewhere in the $2K range....but I would think between $1500 and $2000 quite easily. Any other opinions?? Feel free to jump in.

Most likely, the guys with the kind of cash your rig could pull are not on this board.

Does it run?

Is it 100% complete?

Does the other side look as good?

I see the windshield gasket is cracked. Is the window good? Are the floor boards good?

Depending on how much you effort you want to put into it, you could easily double the price. Running, shiny, working brakes and a willingness to ship will get you top dollar on ebay. There's enough potential buyer in S. CA that you wouldn't even need to offer shipping.

This is not an NL and it's far nicer than yours, but it's the most money I've seen spent on a 320 so far :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ehttp://www.olddatsunpickuplovers.com/forum29/887.htmlBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=140249153180&rd=1

...provided the link works :)

More pics of the other side, interior and engine bay :)

Thanks guys! I'll try to get some pics of the interior and engine bay. The engine isn't original (upgraded by the first owner) and the interior is that of a car that has been sitting.... but it would be great to get some advise on what to do with it all to make it the best before selling it.

o, the other side is in the same condition. One small dent behind the head light (mentioned above) done during the last move....

Thanks again!

Buy it in a heartbeat ... sure, but how much will you pay? That decent driver on collector car trader for $1500 took months to sell.

Does this one run? Which engine is in it? Not having original engine is a downer. I'd put it on eBay and see how high people bid. My guess is $1500 minimum if it is driveable.

I'd probably pay $1000 in a heartbeat... It would probably have to beat a while longer for me to want to pay $1500, but like I said, it's too far away. Even if a guy in my area could get it for a grand, it would cost another $1000 to go get it by the time you figured out gas/trailer rental, etc.