And yet......Another 620!

As I was dropping off my 73 620 @ Crazy Edd's Ratsun Works, He told me of a Datto truck in his ol hood of Manchester. So, we rolled over there and found a rusty-ass 78 longbed. Knocked on the guys door and asked him about it. Bad clutch master cyl. "Take it away" he says. Got it home and thru in a good battery and she fired rite up!:D Nothing special, but I have been wanting a longbed for a work truck. I am tired of thrashing on my lowered K.C.:eek: She aint pretty but it purrrs like a kitten:D The plans are to take off the rusty asss bed and builda nice 7' X 8' flatbed and have a sweet "RatBed" work truck:D Notice the antennae local:blink:

WorkRat001.jpg[/img]

WorkRat002.jpg[/img]

WorkRat003.jpg[/img]

WorkRat004.jpg[/img]

:fu:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hell I agree is that dash crack free????, cool little truck .....

The Dash has 1 crack in it on the far pass. corner. Other than that the int. is very clean! Even has the stock jack and spare tire tool:D

SWEET!!! Dude you should cut it at the rust line, leave the lower part of the bed and build a wood deck over it. Just a thought, it would kinda keep that original look :D

SWEET!!! Dude you should cut it at the rust line, leave the lower part of the bed and build a wood deck over it. Just a thought, it would kinda keep that original look :D

Good idear, but the rust starts from the bottom and works its way up!:blink:

The actual bed itself is in good shape. Its the lower sides that are all rotted out:(

Doug,we need to have an intervention.:fu: At least you are saving them! I can think of 8 620s you have had in the past year +.

You have convinced me they are not rare and now I have to get rid of mine because it is no longer cool.:D Nah,I need it as a beater. And its still cool...ish.

Doug is up there with Jeff and Frank saving Datsuns

Since it was only a slave cylinder that was bad in the truck. Did he have weeds growing all over his house.Grass a foot high?

Usually there is a pattern. If long grass and lots of junk around, low ball them every time!!!!! but FREE is better, but most times they say Im gonna fix it one day. pattern of lazyness.

Clutch slave is almost to EZ to fix. I hate to see him with a new car if he has to fix it.

glad to see you guys saving them rigs. I heard Frank finally got that yellow 4 dr 510 in the field. The straight one!!!!!!!!

This Idear just came to me! Take all the bed hooks and weld them onto the flatbed:lol: Now that would be SAVING the HOOKS!:D

This Idear just came to me! Take all the bed hooks and weld them onto the flatbed:lol: Now that would be SAVING the HOOKS!:D

YEAH :D Sounds like this is going to be a bad ass rig!!

Been rollin in the 78 LongBed this last weekend. Got her licensed and tuned up and rolled it to work today. Turns out the Clutch master cyl. doesnt leek anymore.:D Took it in Friday and took off the rusted out rims and put on some grandpa chrome rims I had on the new tires that were already on it. It runs and drives really nice. Stock height has its advantages! I cant wait to throw some concrete in the back! I want to get a lumber rack for it now. Not to bad for a $120 truck:D:D:D License and tabs was $80 and the tire mounting was $40. Oh yeah oil change $15: $135 truck:cool:

WorkTruck002.jpg[/img]