210? b210?

Guest Jamee

What is the difference between a 210 and a b210? what qualifies the "b" ? I thought that the b210 was hatch back and the 210 was not. But that doesn't seem to be the case. :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought a new '76 B 210. Never cared for the dash layout at all after the big 3 or the honeycomb wheel covers. It was hands down fun to drive and astonishing how fast and tight it would out turn a car 1,000 pounds or more heavier. Got over 40 MPH on a hwy trip with the 4 speed.

B = the "SUNNY" model range of the datsun/nissan

started with:

B10

replaced by:

B110

replaced by:

B210

replaced by:

B310

all sold as "SUNNY" in Japan

confusion is in USA & other countries where they gave cars Numbers instead of Names

ESPECIALLY when they badged the B310 as a "210"   

Us damn americans...making things complicated. lol so if I was in japan i would say I drive a 77 datsun sunny? or would I say a 77 datsun sunny hatchback?

really its the hatchback/ coupe thing thats getting me.

:confused:

The coupe was marketed as such only for the 210/B310... the coupe was marketed as a hatchback with the B210 so you drive a hatchback. The hatchback version of the 210/B310 was the wagon or Sunny California in Japan. 

B210's were sold in the USA  1974 - 1978.210's were '79 & later.

I wish people would note that before posting about the wrong car.

Could we get somthing at the top of this forum to show that?

- Doug  

B210's were sold in the USA  1974 - 1978.210's were '79 & later.

I wish people would note that before posting about the wrong car.

Could we get somthing at the top of this forum to show that?

- Doug  

You mean just like how everyone says a 2dr 510 is a Coupe?- I dont think anyone is going to make any b210 stickies for model differences. Just have to deal with it like the rest of us...

:confused: well, I do believe I confused myself even more. ok, so a B210 coupe is really a B310? and a B210 is a hatchback during certain years. oh jeez. I'm really not trying to seem dumb here, but it's so confusing :confused:

If your glass lifts up, its a hatchback. Coupes only have trunklids that lift, not glass as well.

Not on Sunny chassis cars. The B210 hatchback is the "coupe", as is the B310 hatchback. 

In fact, on lots of late 70s Datsuns the Coupe is a hatchback, B210, B310 A10/HL510, etc.