My random talk

jvb5577

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DATSTON it is not the original cupholders.  I saw some on ebay for sale if your interested.  Thanks everyone.  Has a lot of stuff.  Biggest thing is lack of rust.  Floor pans have NO rust at all.  Only cancer rust in in the bed at the corner.  Very small hole.  Going to try and keep it this way.

So far I am thinking of...

getting a spray on liner for the bed.  Has anyone done this?

tinting back window

new wheels and tires

reupholster the seat

give the paint a good wax

replace the headlights

fix heater.. no hot air put fans work.

Thats about all I can think of right now.  I also have a question.  The 5 speed is so far back that when shifter into 2nd and 4th shifter hits the seat.  What shifter will help eliminate this or will I be better off making one?

DATSTON it is not the original cupholders.  I saw some on ebay for sale if your interested.  Thanks everyone.  Has a lot of stuff.  Biggest thing is lack of rust.  Floor pans have NO rust at all.  Only cancer rust in in the bed at the corner.  Very small hole.  Going to try and keep it this way.

So far I am thinking of...

getting a spray on liner for the bed.  Has anyone done this?

tinting back window

new wheels and tires

reupholster the seat

give the paint a good wax

replace the headlights

fix heater.. no hot air put fans work.

Thats about all I can think of right now.  I also have a question.  The 5 speed is so far back that when shifter into 2nd and 4th shifter hits the seat.  What shifter will help eliminate this or will I be better off making one?

let me know if youre going to sell those wheels.  im looking for something decently priced to roll on for now while i work on everything else.

Very cool truck.  Nice & clean.

The shifter hits because someone put a longshaft 5 speed in there & the 73 seat doesnt have the cutout for the relocated shifter hole.

Either get bucket seats or a L8r model bench.

Or custom make a shifter.

Very cool truck.  Nice & clean.

The shifter hits because someone put a longshaft 5 speed in there & the 73 seat doesnt have the cutout for the relocated shifter hole.

Either get bucket seats or a L8r model bench.

Or custom make a shifter.

Will a '78 bench seat fit with the cutout?

Thanks everyone.  I am going to buff the paint.  Picked up some turtle wax today.  Also changed oil and got rid of the fram oil filter!  Thursday I am going to get the back window tinted.

Also my driver door rattles a little.  Seems like it has a little play in it.  Had anyone replaced the rubbers around a door and if so where do you recommend getting them from.

Got a new seat in.  Was blue but got some fabric and vinyl paint and painted it black.  Also bought some foam from home depot and padded the back.  All for under $50.  Beats getting in reupholstered for $300.  Now I have extra cash to spend on other things :thumbup:   Love the shifter not hitting the seat anymore!

Here was the seat before...

IMG_0360.jpg

Then after painted and re foamed...

IMG_0366.jpg

IMG_0365.jpg

And finally installed.

IMG_0370.jpg

• Like 1