My random talk

jvb5577

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to order some caps since they are under $20.  Also ordered some datsun center cap emblems.  Now I just have to play the waiting game..

Also got my new fuel filter today.  Going to change out the filter and lines soon.

Got the new door trim today from rockauto.  Fits perfectly and is already molded.  Doors are a little harder to shut but its worth it to keep water out.  Also measured to interior for fatmat installation.  Can't wait for a quieter ride.  Here are some pictures of the trim.

IMG_0381.jpg

IMG_0382.jpg

IMG_0383.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0384.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Got a passenger fender the other day and went to install it.  I knew it had been in a little accident but never knew how bad until now.  So here is my question.  Is this possible to pull back out or am I shit out of luck.  Maybe even cutting out and replacing with a not damaged one but I can now see some damage by battery tray too.  Grrrrr :sneaky:

IMG_0403.jpg

IMG_0402.jpg

IMG_0401.jpg

IMG_0400.jpg

So I am not going to cut it up.  A guy I know has a body shop and is going to do his best to pull it out plus weld up all my holes.  :thumbup:

Yes I know the lower valance bolts to the outside just wanted to show how far it was pushed in.  Got it to fit quite well with the bumper on.  Thanks the the input.

Also just bought a '79 620.  Once I get it to the house I will post some pictures on a new thread.

Also just bought a '79 620.  Once I get it to the house I will post some pictures on a new thread.

looks like you caught the illness, afraid it seems like a terminal case, hopefully you can pass it on to others around you. I think the correct term for the illness is Datsunitus you seem to have the 620 strain

• Like 1

Its that damn sickness that is going around.  Everyone here seems to have it. :rofl:

Well it is not running so going to get it back on its feet.  P/O has a new carb and other bits for it so hopefully it is an easy fix.  I want to start tearing into this '73 to get it more show quality and going to need something else to drive.  Then I would hope to trade it for a wagon.  Been wanting one

Hi I have a 1973 620 pu with 82000 original miles got it from the owner son she bought it new and had the bed customized has a dump It is very cool and was done very nicely I asking 2500 dollars for it though maybe a datsun collector would be intersted looking for input thanks

Bob

Me a collector :wub:   You need to stick around here Bob! :lol:

Sounds interesting.  Do you have any pictures of it?  I'm not sure what these are selling for in your area so its hard to put a price on it (for me)  Try posting in the for sale section on this forum.  Would get more responses.