Trouble..

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Karnutz is his member name. He had a sketchy start selling bump stops but hes got together over 400 posts in almost a year being signed up. Seems like a lot of effort to scam someone out of 76 bucks. 

My advice is to look up how long you have to file a claim with paypal. Try and contact him a few more times and if nothing just be sure to file a claim though paypal before that time has elapsed. He may have gotten sick or hurt or something. As a seller I try and give people the benefit of the doubt but just make sure my ass is covered. 

Has the money cleared out of your account yet?  If he hasn't accepted the payment, perhaps he's out of town on a vacation or something.  Or computer died, etc.  The other thing is if he's waiting for funds to clear before sending, and you're in Mexico, I think that would affect the hold put on the account.  Most bank transfers take 3 days to process here for paypal, but that's US-US.  US-Mexico may increase the holding time for up to a week I think.  In which case, perhaps he doesn't have the money yet.  Not that he shouldn't be communicating of course, but just a thought.

Has the money cleared out of your account yet?  If he hasn't accepted the payment, perhaps he's out of town on a vacation or something.  Or computer died, etc.  The other thing is if he's waiting for funds to clear before sending, and you're in Mexico, I think that would affect the hold put on the account.  Most bank transfers take 3 days to process here for paypal, but that's US-US.  US-Mexico may increase the holding time for up to a week I think.  In which case, perhaps he doesn't have the money yet.  Not that he shouldn't be communicating of course, but just a thought.

Karnutz is a Canadian member so it might be even different. Id give him until Monday evening or something to reply. Its the weekend... could be out of town. The Northeast got a ridiculous amount of snow. Maybe hes having communication problems due to weather?

I dont know if Jersey is really the Northeast Northeast, but Ive seen the reports on some of the snow levels and how quick it fell. I can only imagine that if hes in Canada above the Northeast (in whatever territory that is) all the snowy weather has to be multiplied 10 fold compared to the weather here in the States. Maybe his log cabin is snowed in. 

True that, they said on the news power was out for the next couple days in the harder hit areas.  3 feet of snow somewhere.  Pussies. :D  I made it to work when we got 4 feet here in 2008. And I shoveled my own damn roof after working all day at NAPA!

Jesus man only you would tell someone where they live and what a storm was like while being on the other side of the country...

I'm greater NYC its well within the North East. Storms dont follow a north means more mantra, Nemo, AKA gayest storm name ever followed an arc like most nor'easters that get us. It hit ct/mas the worst with 3+ feet, and then moved back out, we got about 18 inches, most of Canada got fuck all. 

HRH I say the same. Some years we didnt even have a place to put anymore snow then last year we didnt get shit. Now they are naming winter storms and making a huge deal out of a nor'easter. Bunch of vagina's... 
I was hoping we would get 3+ feet so I could have fun in my truck lol. It doesnt even notice 18 inches... 
This was after 24 inches, plus w/e the plow so nicely added  :-)
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=498804703062&set=vb.551038062&type=3&theater

Jesus man only you would tell someone where they live and what a storm was like while being on the other side of the country...

I'm greater NYC its well within the North East. Storms dont follow a north means more mantra, Nemo, AKA gayest storm name ever followed an arc like most nor'easters that get us. It hit ct/mas the worst with 3+ feet, and then moved back out, we got about 18 inches, most of Canada got fuck all. 

HRH I say the same. Some years we didnt even have a place to put anymore snow then last year we didnt get shit. Now they are naming winter storms and making a huge deal out of a nor'easter. Bunch of vagina's... 

I was hoping we would get 3+ feet so I could have fun in my truck lol. It doesnt even notice 18 inches... 

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=498804703062&set=vb.551038062&type=3&theater

Calm down, damn... I thought I saw that you lived in Jersey. Im on mobile so I cant see a location. Yes, the greater NYC is the Northeast. I used to live over there as well, so I can comment all I want about that area, but I honestly thought you lived in New Jersey and not New York. 

Oh I'm calm its just funny you think you know more about places and storms from 3k miles away lol. I am in Jersey, right on the Hudson looking at Manhattan, as I said greater NYC. It doesnt really matter where you lived the storm was a day ago... 

In any event back to the point and topic I dont see the storm as any kind of reasoning here. They got mild snow, I would think any Canuck worth a shit can handle 10x what rolled through, they deal with it all the time.  

What can I do if I bought an item to a user, and after doing the payment, I have not receive any answer?

sounds like your getting buyers remorse since your not sure if he can be trusted ??

you got 45 days to file a claim, if he cleans out his PP account, PP will still refund your money ( as long as 45 days have NOT expired) and deal with him with a letter from a collection company so don't worry about it. 

have you pm'ed him to see whats up ? NO, Your going to feel like an ass if he comes through, you know.

PM him, U will feel better. 

http://community.ratsun.net/user/13226-karnutz/

Sweet ARB bumpers, I'm jelly.  :)  If I could find a good deal on one of those, I'd definitely get one.  Not going to spend $800 for a bumper though.  I'll make it myself for that kind of scratch.  

you made this post 2 days after you sent the money, its now been only 5 days.  im all for keeping in contact with people im selling to but at least give the man a week before finger pointing

What???? If I'd seen this I would have locked this post down. (not because it's a fellow Canadian :) )

PayPal isn't as fast as the internet, it's not instant, you have to expect a few days to pass. He still has to package and get to the PO or a shipper.

My advice is to look up how long you have to file a claim with paypal. Try and contact him a few more times and if nothing just be sure to file a claim though paypal before that time has elapsed. He may have gotten sick or hurt or something. As a seller I try and give people the benefit of the doubt but just make sure my ass is covered. 

Good advice. Contact PayPal or read their FAQ on grievances. Don't jump the gun after 2 days..

relax he should keep in contact but give it a little time you are in two different countries these things take time and if it was me I would be waiting for paypal to clear 

although communication is key 

It saves alot of problems 

PM the guy and give it a week or so