Seat options?

Kirden

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got some pics of the seats. I found out that the seats are not bolted down... is this some kind of new thing cause my B2200 seats weren't bolted in either...

Anyway, here we go:

SAM_0060.jpg

SAM_0061.jpg

SAM_0062.jpg

Shifted the driver seat all the way back.

SAM_0063.jpg

Fits like a glove now, need custom brackets for these seats.

SAM_0064.jpg

Dat Kirden workin on trucks barefoot again...

It was hard to find a datsun for sale. Just happened to stumble across this one on CL when I was looking for a <$1200 car to get rid of my eclipse. I keep looking and I think either custom brackets for these seats or bench seat will be the way I go. Sitting in it after moving the seat back feels much better on the knees and pedals. From what I have seen the bench seat sits pretty much the same as this seat now that it has been moved back.

Yea, the truck isn't being drivin at the moment, I do not encourage anyone to not bolt their seats down but honestly I didn't know they were not bolted down. I just got the truck Monday. When driving it home I didn't feel anything out of the ordinary because of the boards under the seat. You can see that in one of the pics. I will be bolting them down before I drive anywhere, even if I have to use the stock positions until I can make a custom bracket.

yeah i coulda bought numerous regular cabs, but when they have the bench seats, my head is tilted completly sideways, and my right leg was hitting the shifter, steering wheel, and parking break all at once (dont help that im 6' 5") so i literally had to buy a king cab so i can run buckets and slide the driver seat all the way back and have the top of the seat reclined and resting on the back window lol

Lol, that sounds painful. This reg cab isn't as bad as I first thought, but I can see me getting in it tired from work and knocking me knee/head/hip off with the size of the steering wheel and the heigh of the roof :P

If I could find a decent wheel that was maybe 1 inch less in diameter that would be perfect, but balancing that with low/no speed turning would be a problem. We are going to chec the steering out, I have a feeling it hasn't been serviced in a while... Maybe never been serviced at all. Did a temporary mount on the seat, cut angle iron, drilled holes, new bolts. Truck loos good out there in the work parking lot but it is taking all I have not to go out there and run it down the interstate :P

Yea, I was looking at grants. Until I start working on the interior I don't think I'm going to worry about the wheel. Unless I have serious trouble getting in and out after I lower it. The main reason I want to wait is I haven't committed 100% to what I want to do with the truck. I know I want it static dropped, probably 3 inches front and back, but besides that I am still getting ideas.

I am liking the idea of a bench seat more now. Have seen a few reupholstered ones and they can be really nice. Not a fan of the cloth, but maybe a mock hot rod style vinyl or something.

Other than that I know I want to do a satin finish with a satin black hood. I am thinking satin blue (a darker shade) but then again the original color of my truck was orange and I have been thinking about that as well. So long as its not red I think it will be fine :P

Hah, Sometimes it stinks being tall. I'm a little over 6' but I'm also 250lbs so finding the right seat combo is a must.

Me too! 6'2" and around 240lbs. I wish I could move my stock bench back some more! My legs get cramped after sitting in it for less than an hour of driving.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Dguy210 showed me the prefect seats. Exactly the style I want in the B210 and hopefully they will fit in the 620 give a little more room than what I have. Old school euro (notably porsche) seats:

P1010293.jpg

If these won't fit I am going to continue to look for a bench seat for the 620. Sad part is I have to cut out the hum in the B210 to get them to fit.

• 2 weeks later...

Dguy210 showed me the prefect seats. Exactly the style I want in the B210 and hopefully they will fit in the 620 give a little more room than what I have. Old school euro (notably porsche) seats:

P1010293.jpg

If these won't fit I am going to continue to look for a bench seat for the 620. Sad part is I have to cut out the hum in the B210 to get them to fit.

these seats look AWESEEOMMEE!!