Seat options?

Kirden

Hey guys, new around here and I'm building up a 74 620 regular cab. I was wondering if anyone 6'+ has found decent seats for the reg cab. Right now don't have too many problems with the buckets that are in it (the look original) but once I lower the truck I can see some issues, Anything that sits a little lower and maybe has a thin back but still has some decent foam, ect should be good. If you guys want you can check out my build thread in the 620 section to see parts of the seats that are in it. I will try to take a pic of the seats only and post them here tomorrow so that you can get a better comparison.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty sure a bench seat would make it impossible for me to get into the truck. My step dad picks on me because of how close my knees are to the dash in the buckets. I will look into the MR2 seats. Are we talking the 80s MR2s or the early 90s MR2s? I prefer something either without a head rest or with a removeable headrest but as long as the head rest is not built into the seat like some of the racing seats it should be fine. Eventually they will be upholstered over anyway :P

That is odd, I thought the bench would give me less room. I will try to source both and see which one is better. I honestly like the idea of buckets better but right now it is all about the leg room until I get the surgery to cut myself off at the knees :P

The closest bench I can find with a quick search is 400 miles away, but they ship. Dropped them an email to see what I'm looking at price wise. If it is the same as the other SYs I'll be looking at $75+ shipping so maybe it won't be too bad.

Thanks Eagle_Adam, I'll keep that in mind. Tomorrow I'll post a pick of the seats and one of me in the truck so you guys can laugh. Honestly it isn't hard for me to drive with the buckets, but long trips (3hrs+) might get painful since I was stiff after the hour and a half drive home. I just know that with the stock steering wheel I am going to be in trouble when I drop the truck unless I get more room. I am also going to look at steering wheel options but I want something ratrod-ish, maybe a nardi wooden or an old school leather wrapped one.

I liked the concet though and the idea of moar lowwwrrr! for leg room makes me a happy camper. If only the roads weren't so bad around here I would slam it as low as possible. Alas, I think a 2" drop may be it, at most 3". I used to hit everything in my B2200 and it was only 3.5" with a slight c-notch.