1971 Datsun 521 Snack Shack

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well its Monday and I have no 521...... yanked the goon l 20 for a quick swap into the truck ..... started at 330 and at 11 the goon l 20 with meanut head was ready to go in ..... well started it up to thump thump thump thump..... shut it down ......fuck ....doesn't sound like  a rod knock ... so I lay under it and ask to restart it ........ fucking number one is hitting the oil pan on stroke....didn't in the old motor...... the pan clearly is pushed in there a little but again it worked on two other motors.........well fuck that sucks ..... another pan pull and reinstall in the truck ....sigh........ runs great though ..... well laying under there I notice a drip on the clutch fork .......hmmmmmmmm ...fucking coolant ... well we all know theres only one way coolant runs down and off the clutch arm ... well it wasn't the head..........damn ...... its the fucking freeze plug in the back of the motor....sigh ... guess what ........the motor is coming back out fuck me .... I got some pics ...nothing exciting .... same shit different day .......finally got back to civilization around 1 am to my other truck and slept it off.......FML

worse part I put freeze lugs in this motor when it went in the goon .. its the only place I can figure coolat would be coming from and running down the shift fork ......its not coming out of the drain hole on the tranny at all so I figure its wicking down the clutch and out the fork ......

so whats the l series ticket on freeze plugs ... I bought some millimeter ones that I thought were it but the only one not sealing is the worse one to get too ...

worse part I put freeze lugs in this motor when it went in the goon .. its the only place I can figure coolat would be coming from and running down the shift fork ......its not coming out of the drain hole on the tranny at all so I figure its wicking down the clutch and out the fork ......

so whats the l series ticket on freeze plugs ... I bought some millimeter ones that I thought were it but the only one not sealing is the worse one to get too ...

what about headgasket seepage? 

that wet spot is where I took a piss the night before all drunk.. and shit ....lol just kidding ...(poured  yeah and not more then 24 hours later it had a different l20 in it ... definitely not the head gasket pretty sure its the freeze plug in the back of the motor ...I shot 7 hrs of video for a time lapse project but I have to edit it together any recommendations for a program to do that with