GOONS check in

gokiburix

Greengoon- i like the intake..you need to paint the red parts green though :D

Goki. I like your sway bar. I have one on my wagon & have made a few for friends. I think they do make a difference in the turns.

Only update i have is "more work" I get to install new longer wheel studs for the Revolution rims which includes removing the rotors/hubs..... :rolleyes:

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And speaking of JCCS, is D1 the official goon section or the 510 section? I didn't hear officially that there were enough goons for their own class...

Not sure Duncan i didnt get my letter yet. Maybe they'll park us next to the tiny Honda's :D

And speaking of JCCS, is D1 the official goon section or the 510 section? I didn't hear officially that there were enough goons for their own class...

Forgot to answer this question:

D-1 will be the 510 section. The wagon section is D-2, which is right next to the 510 section.

Where to buy?! Do want...

That looks awesome, with that you can hang out with all the civic guys and fit right in. :D

Does it actually improve throttle response/performance?

I built the intake so I could get rid of my factory air cleaner and get access to the carb and choke without removing anything. That and to see if I could do it. :) I haven't really tested it for more performance but I'm not expecting much.

Here's the good part, total Ratsun: The box on the carb is a heavily modified raingutter downspout adapter. Seriously. Then the vinyl elbow was a $2.00 clearance item. The most expensive piece was the aluminum tube that I cut down and of course the K&N filter. I welded up the brackets myself from scrap. I'm into it probably $80 and waaaay too much time and engineering.

...and Goki, glad you caught the joke. It looks like a 'genuine DATSMO' part :D

I built the intake so I could get rid of my factory air cleaner and get access to the carb and choke without removing anything. That and to see if I could do it. :) I haven't really tested it for more performance but I'm not expecting much.

Here's the good part, total Ratsun: The box on the carb is a heavily modified raingutter downspout adapter. Seriously. Then the vinyl elbow was a $2.00 clearance item. The most expensive piece was the aluminum tube that I cut down and of course the K&N filter. I welded up the brackets myself from scrap. I'm into it probably $80 and waaaay too much time and engineering.

...and Goki, glad you caught the joke. It looks like a 'genuine DATSMO' part :D

Usually these CAI's improve throttle response, but stock carb air cleaners look like they get lots of flow already.

Ha, I thought it was a K&N adapter! It looks unmodified! Great job on that.

Edit, OH BTW does it have that ricery whooshing intake sound that cone filters usually make? :D

Yea you can take all you want on the 12th. :lol:

Yeah, it's a little different. I'm being a drama queen and will show it for the first time at JCCS.

The drama queen stuff comes naturally for me. :devil: :angel:

I'm hoping it's well-received. It's nice leaving the Sunny in the garage and having something different to show. I'm really looking forward to the show.