GOONS check in

gokiburix

Man I have been having a blast cruisin around in my new gOOn. Had to put a better Weber on and put an ol-skool fuel pump i had lyin around. Cleaned up the engine bay a lil and this Saturday will be putting in the E.I. dist. and some hedlite relays. Ordered my stereo and 6-1/2" speakers. Just gotta figure out how & where to mount them without cutting anything up.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh trust...we all have a blast rollin in our goons (when they're not on stands)...i think its not having the pressure of needing to be fast in a goon that makes it that much more enjoyable.

...thats just my take on it anyways. And when if you have a fast goon, then its fun to watch their jaws drop. haha :lol:

I dug out this ol Frame and mounted it.

That's awesome! I've been looking for a cool dealer plate forever. Mine came from Renton originally (still have the warranty book) and was bought by a gentleman in Bellevue. I bought it 7 years ago from a guy in Seattle so I doubt it went very far before coming to Salt Lake. :)

oh trust...we all have a blast rollin in our goons (when they're not on stands)...i think its not having the pressure of needing to be fast in a goon that makes it that much more enjoyable.

...thats just my take on it anyways. And when if you have a fast goon, then its fun to watch their jaws drop. haha :lol:

Yea easy for you to say. Mr. KA Goon.:lol:

Josh check your P.M. box.

I went back and found the response in my deleted mail folder. That was the goon I inquired about. I got e-mail back from someone named Karen R.

Not a bog deal at all. I'm in So Cal and that would have been difficult to go look at and get home.

Congrats on the "new" goon. That'll be a fun one when you get it rolling..

Duncan,

I'm not sure if we talked to the same seller. I spoke to a guy. Are you in the bay? I grabbed it in Hayward. It ran when I first got it. Just needed a jump start as the battery was shot. I had the seller send me few pics beforehand but they were all phone pics.

hey all my datto peeps, i came across an opprotunity today, discovered a 71 510 goon, already has front end z suspension, has a good l16 with a 4speed, lowered, has the z wheels (swastica style wheels)it is real simular to drummerboy's wagon, has the butterscotch paint, needs a good cleaning and buff job, interior is ok, needs headliner, some one switched seats to some stlye that looks like ez chair recliners( front seats only) rear seat still og. it is an az car, so no rust that i can see outside, i will ck it over better on saturday, what else should i look for as far as body wise and suspension, the guy who has it now did motor, trans, suspension about 2- 2.5 yrs ago, car starts and runs, he is an ase certified mech, and he said it will run like a top when we strike a deal, my question i have for u is, what should i offer, as i said it is all og outside body wise, just the normal age wear and tear, very few dents and dings, one dent left fender front upper corner, other than that fairly straight, almost all interior there cept for ugly front seats, missing headliner, but he has all the bows and whatever else is needed as far as trim pieces, all other interior pieces are there, what do u all feel it is worth, i don't want to low ball him and i don't want to go to high either, he asked me to pick a price, but as he said he is also a datsun fan, he has a 71 521 p/u, and a 1200 2door coupe, and has been around the datto scene for a few years localy here in phx az. he will be joining us shortly as a ratsun member, and will be joining us here in phx as a desert datsun member, give me some serious responses, thx ya'll tom, oh yea it also has complete working a/c .

ya that is very easy to say with ur ka as datrod said.. but i still love my lil l18 :) and plus ... mine is lower then urs :) haha

ya that is very easy to say with ur ka as datrod said.. but i still love my lil l18 :) and plus ... mine is lower then urs :) haha

:D my L16 isnt bad, all stock with the webber.

its got a 210 head on it? anyone have some info on that. weird it has the stamp up front instead of the usual spot

I sure would!

lol L4 heads are not my experteise so sorry for the noob questions :P

which one would be better after a porting and enshrouding the valves?

Iv got 2 W58's sitting in the shed and one open chamber A87 that Iv already enshrouded the valves on

hey all my datto peeps, i came across an opprotunity today, discovered a 71 510 goon, already has front end z suspension, has a good l16 with a 4speed, lowered, has the z wheels (swastica style wheels)it is real simular to drummerboy's wagon, has the butterscotch paint, needs a good cleaning and buff job, interior is ok, needs headliner, some one switched seats to some stlye that looks like ez chair recliners( front seats only) rear seat still og. it is an az car, so no rust that i can see outside, i will ck it over better on saturday, what else should i look for as far as body wise and suspension, the guy who has it now did motor, trans, suspension about 2- 2.5 yrs ago, car starts and runs, he is an ase certified mech, and he said it will run like a top when we strike a deal, my question i have for u is, what should i offer, as i said it is all og outside body wise, just the normal age wear and tear, very few dents and dings, one dent left fender front upper corner, other than that fairly straight, almost all interior there cept for ugly front seats, missing headliner, but he has all the bows and whatever else is needed as far as trim pieces, all other interior pieces are there, what do u all feel it is worth, i don't want to low ball him and i don't want to go to high either, he asked me to pick a price, but as he said he is also a datsun fan, he has a 71 521 p/u, and a 1200 2door coupe, and has been around the datto scene for a few years localy here in phx az. he will be joining us shortly as a ratsun member, and will be joining us here in phx as a desert datsun member, give me some serious responses, thx ya'll tom, oh yea it also has complete working a/c .

I say go for it Tom you would look good cruising a goon .