My photobucket acct.

Photobucket is going to keep poking at me till either I buckle, or leave I guess, I got tired of writing the same excuse down, as obviously nobody on the other end is listening, so this time I just clicked on the button that said I didn't like the new format, guess what happened???, I couldn't upload anything at all, basicly I was locked out from adding anymore photos, I had to log out, log back in, and start over again, and it would not surprise me that in the next month or so, you will either buckle, or be out.

I could be wrong, but if you don't do anything/log on for a certain amount of time on photobucket, you lose it all, am I correct?

Is there a way to use my computer to load photos directly to the ratsun forum?

Ratsun could be a forum of deleted or moved photos, and you can see it now by just going back to 2009 on this forum, half the photos are gone, because the acct. has not been active, ect.

Is there another way?

I had an image shack acct. briefly, did not like it, and the same thing can happen that is happening on photobucket now, I am not the only one with issues on this either, another member has mentioned that photobucket has ousted, excluded, deprived him of publishing photos, I would suspect he said he didn't like the new format like i did.

If you want to upload and publish photos on photobucket, you need to use the other excuse option, saying you don't understand the new format, and I am not sure how much longer that will work, or buckle under.

wayno

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For several years my car club had a website which I paid for. I uploaded all my photos to that server to link to on forums. The club disbanded but I kept paying for the website for a while. I got tired of paying more and more every year so

I finally just saved all the pics onto my computer and stopped paying for the website. There are probably still places to get free websites still, but I'm not sure if they have as much storage as you need.

I don't really use Photobucket anymore.

I pay for a Flickr pro account (just a couple bucks) and love it. Quality is way above photobucket, but that's what ya get for using free stuff.

I also do a lot of photography though, so that's a big reason as to why I use it. 

I wasted 20 min filling out their questionnaire and it kept saying Q 20 was filled out wrong. I tried every combination and said fuck it.  They are the biggest assholes. Every year or so the 'improve' it and it takes me forever to figure out what those fucks did. Probably catering to the fuckbook or Twatter crowd. What's their problem??? You know I had a bank account once but only because paychecks had to be deposited. I went in every Fri night and took it out. I moved and didn't tell them and if you read the fine print they could close my account and they did. Been there for years never caused a problem and they said "Take your business elsewhere" the picks. Guess I'm just not playing the Photobucket game.

Next time I fill it out I'm going to say facebook is my favorite site and I twitter all the time. 

I just opened a photobucket acct. a couple weeks ago, and have never seen the old photobucket. Yet, I've been having problems uploading too. The first oics I uploaded to the forum went real smooth, but then the links all stopped copying and pasting. My fiance showed me a way around this, but its confusing, and a PITA! I think photobucket is having some serious technical issue right now! I contacted tech support about my problems. I was told by "Shawn" (aka Habib, I'm sure) that they were having problems with people using Google Chrome. When I explained I don't use Google Chrome, I use Firefox, he said he'd look into it. I haven't heard from photobucket since...

I use photobucket daily, I don't like change, as I really don't understand computers, so I will have to learn to post photos again I suspect, so I would rather learn to post them without a middle man, is there any way to do this, post them directly from my computer, or do I have to have an acct. somewhere?

I heard that the 510 guys don't use them type of accounts, how do they do it?

I'm on the Realm and just use Photobucket because.... I can. Never tried anything else there. I'm on another forum that when you click the image button it takes you to your computer and you pick what you want. Helps speed it up if you have already sized the picture. 

Be nice to have a feature like that here.

To be fair I haven't had much problem with Photobucket. Just you go there every now and then to get your oic and end up on the other side of the planet fumbling around like a dog fucking a football.

I'm on the Realm and just use Photobucket because.... I can. Never tried anything else there. I'm on another forum that when you click the image button it takes you to your computer and you pick what you want. Helps speed it up if you have already sized the picture. 

Be nice to have a feature like that here.

To be fair I haven't had much problem with Photobucket. Just you go there every now and then to get your oic and end up on the other side of the planet fumbling around like a dog fucking a football.

It doesn't seem to be an issue with some people on this forum as they don't post photos?, like the issue we had with photos before, at first it only was an issue for a few, but it cascaded fast, this has nothing to do with Ratsun, but it will effect Ratsun more and more when others start having the same problems, I just keep poking keys on everything till I get what I want, or in the end give up and ask for help on here, like the time my control key got stuck, and Izzo figured it out, been great since, but someone else has already said they can't post photos now, but I can't remember who.

If posting directly from my computer is possible, I can learn, but I need for someone to explain how to do it slowlyrofl_zps2fd0ebc0.gif

Now PB is opening whole new windows for me with advertising randomly, like if I click on "veiw all albums".

Photo bucket is it better once u pay for a memeber ship cause the concept is right on but it's layden with adds and pop ups and anything else to slow it down. I often wondered if I paid for the site would it be far easier to use..... I mean everything is great till u wanna do something then it's like photo cost servers is on a 56k or old aol mainframes.. It's like my pics should come with the annoying sounds that came with 56 k ...... I got a build thread to make and the only thing keeping me from doing is having to use pb... As mentioned earlier I also hate that the links get broke even if u just reorganize them ...

Right now I have seperste folders for stuff but there gettin full so I wanna make individual car folders but it will brake all my links so the solution is I am copying them to new folders instead moving them...kinda just mothballed all old folders and use the new and if I wanna post some archives I first copy to a new folder then lost the link, Hopefully I won't get 50 pages in ea folder.....lol

Wayneo, the problem you are having is on the Photobucket site, right?

> I just clicked on the button that said I didn't like the new format, guess what happened???, I couldn't upload anything at all, basicly I was locked out from adding anymore photos, I had to log out, log back in, and start over again

I did this Sunday (got the "new" photobucket, then clicked "switch back"). It worked for me and didn't cause any problems..

Is it possible you are now logged into a different photobucket account? If you see none of your previous photos that is what I would suspect.

I have always wondered why people use photobucket. I hate it. But then I realized, they offer the easiest way to host photos online for sharing purposes, but at the sacrifice of all sorts of nuances.

It would seem that to use any other hosting site, it will take more from the user, but this can result in more stability.

I use google picasa. I have never had an issue with my photos. The problem there, is its much harder to share, unless you modify stuff like I do.

I do not want ratsun to directly host images. First that will require lots of space required for Ratsun, limits image size, and makes it so one must log into ratsun to view the images.

Its hard to find a good photobucket alternative.

Wayneo, the problem you are having is on the Photobucket site, right?

> I just clicked on the button that said I didn't like the new format, guess what happened???, I couldn't upload anything at all, basicly I was locked out from adding anymore photos, I had to log out, log back in, and start over again

I did this Sunday (got the "new" photobucket, then clicked "switch back"). It worked for me and didn't cause any problems..

Is it possible you are now logged into a different photobucket account? If you see none of your previous photos that is what I would suspect.

I am in my account, and it really isn't a site problem, it's something that I don't want to have to learn all over again, when it first showed it's ugly face, I could not make any sense of it, I couldn't go to any of my specific albums, just random photos, but somehow I found my way back to the old format, but today I actually was able to get to other albums, as I could see stuff that wasn't there before.

The old format I can recall what pages I have certain things on in each album, there are no pages in this format as far as I can tell, it just keeps loading more and more photos on the same page, and you have to keep scrolling down.

Another issue is that I cannot recall what my password is on that site, and the new format wants me to log in manually, so I will have to get though that also.

Maybe it is better the new way, but I suspect I will be finding out real soon, like it or not.

Yes!  I think I found a site, which is fairly user friendly, and has always been a useful service for me! And now they support photosharing!

mediafire.com

you get 50gb. Unlimited everything else I do believe.

Make albums galore.

Get the code for sharing in 2-3 clicks, but all make sense.

Looks nice, and seems to be fairly user friendly to me.

I may make a quick tutorial if people care.

Yes it is a bit confusing. But you will find out that so is any other photosharing site. What makes it easy is to put them all in one folder and never move them. If you want it for other than sharing (like organizing in various albums) then other sites may be easier like Flickr, but they charge for more than light duty use, while Photobucket is unlimited. I find Flickr harder to figure out.

> First that will require lots of space required for Ratsun, limits image size, and makes it so one must log into ratsun to view the images.

No it does not require that. A 1 TB drive is only about $60 right now. That will hold about 6 million 1024x768 images (standard photobucket size limit). And will be cheaper in future.

Logging on to view uploaded images is a web site preference, not a requirement. There are many forums that do not require logging on to view member uploads.

Mediafire is so 1998.

For everyone that hates Photobucket, seriously look into Flickr. They have a free version and its just as awesome as the paid version without a few features. It only takes a couple clicks to get to the code for posting images, it automatically resizes images for you so you dont have to in a multitude of great resolutions, and you add pictures to more than one album and even more them around without breaking the link. The albums are actually really only tagged sets similar to how gmail folders work.

Anyway, you can also set up uploading possibilities a few different ways directly to flickr from some of the programs on your computer. Currently the only thing I do not like about Flickr is the update to the mobile app for the iPhone. Its taking me a bit to get used to as its a pretty big change.

Everyone needs to get over the Photobucket failure and get over to Flickr. If youre feeling froggy, pay the $12 a year and go for a pro account if you think you will use the extra features. Its really a great service.

Yes, because ratsun is hosted on someones home computer.

Space costs more than that.

I find 1024x768 to be too small. My pictures upload at double that size, which is quite nice if I need to show some detail.

I dont think I have ever come across a forum that will let me see pictures that are hosted on that forum without being a member (unless I use google cache), as that would require too much bandwidth.

No it does not require that. A 1 TB drive is only about $60 right now. That will hold about 6 million 1024x768 images (standard photobucket size limit). And will be cheaper in future.

Lol websites dont just plug in a Western Digital HDD when a site wants more space. There are large server rooms with RAID'd HDDs that are all the same size and specific amounts of space are allocated to specific sites. If you want more space (which self hosting photos requires) you have to pay a bit more... some places require you to pay a lot more, others not so much.

Yes, because ratsun is hosted on someones home computer.

Space costs more than that.

I find 1024x768 to be too small. My pictures upload at double that size, which is quite nice if I need to show some detail.

I dont think I have ever come across a forum that will let me see pictures that are hosted on that forum without being a member (unless I use google cache), as that would require too much bandwidth.

Ive seen quite a few forums that allow visitors to view photos. Its just an admin setting that you can allow if you want. Ive had it on a view sites Ive admin'd on.

Mediafire is so 1998.

For everyone that hates Photobucket, seriously look into Flickr. They have a free version and its just as awesome as the paid version without a few features. It only takes a couple clicks to get to the code for posting images, it automatically resizes images for you so you dont have to in a multitude of great resolutions, and you add pictures to more than one album and even more them around without breaking the link. The albums are actually really only tagged sets similar to how gmail folders work.

Mediafire didnt host pictures for the longest time. So while it was a great way to share files, it sucked with photos, until recently. I actually kinda like it now.

Flickr is decent. Still not my cup of tea. And I really hate the extra code they supply with the embed links, just look at all of MM's posts...

Im running a greasmonkey script that adds a IMG tag to all of my picasa pictures. it also allows me to grab a range of pictures at once. Biggest problem, is that if I forget to resize the pictures, it posts them at my upload size, which is now 2048x1151, but was 2048x1536.  This is what happened when I posted in the Canby thread, and made that one page bad for everyone (actually those ones were 3648 x 2736 (10mp camera) size as they were direct uploads...