My Jeep is on crack...

just wait, i bet the lifted celica will end up towin us both home at the same time:lol:

its been awhile sence i used a celica as a tow rig....ahem ryaninseattle cough cough

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

well his jeep aint on crack any more....

sounds more like rocks

listen real carefully and you can here the quality tranny from detroit

th_DSCN0762.jpg

i already did a thread about this particular adventure over on a celica board, and im too lazy to cut n paste over here.

but its just one click away (might be a lil toyota biased tho)

http://www.celica-gts.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14653

ya i never seen that much smoke from a clutch b4, cant wait to see if there is anything left of it, and what type of river rocks you got in your tranny now, they must be polished up pretty nice:fu:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So the new T18 4 speed kicks ass. The new low range in the t-case does as well. I swapped some Dana 18 gears into my Dana 20 to get a lower low range.

Had to fab up a crossmember as the stock one was mangled beyond repair...

Here's some pic's cause I like them, even if nobody else is reading this thread but me and nuff 😛

old crossmember

j52.jpg.0e890ca9c839fa0f850a3947061cb7f9.jpg

New crossmember. Gonna weld some 'ramps' on there to smooth over the bottom...or maybe I'll just go wheelin and get some work done on the datto.

j53.jpg.da5b63357385ffc9ef402ef04124c4a4.jpg

Took it out for a test drive last weekend. I need a new powersteering pump and brackets...mine got broke somehow 😛

Oh and nuff is a wus :fu:

I actually got all my underhood wiring repaired Sat. so hopefully no more mysterious ignition problems. Even got the new horn wired up. Now I just have to learn how to drive without full throttle and clutch madness 🙂

love it... HA! My bros FSJ has a very similiar setup, the D20, T18 (unusable 1st on the street), D44s fr n rr, 258... etc we'll be doing the spring over and maybe pull a leaf, he also wants 39s (his 35" procomps have like 2000 miles on them if that lol) with better gears, aussie lockers, and a chev vortec 350... but we'll see

Ya, that was a fun almost flop, definetley got the blood flowing :)

I haven't decided what to do with the suspension when I build the new frame, but I'm starting to think 4-links and coilovers are in my future...

2eDeYe;73508']

I actually got all my underhood wiring repaired Sat. so hopefully no more mysterious ignition problems. Even got the new horn wired up. Now I just have to learn how to drive without full throttle and clutch madness :)

so can i have my spare yota coil back? :fu:

heep ones dont fit in yota brackets.

the day you start easing up on the throttle is the day i like off camber trails:D

and you need ta truss your x-mem, when ya got the full wheight of the heep on it it flexes a bit.

• 1 month later...

I got some more work done on this thing...Went to Walker Valley a couple weeks ago, had a blast, wheeled all day and din't break anything...did get stuck in low range though. The drive home with 35 mph top speed was goodtimes. 😄

First room had to be made, and since I'm in the design stage on the datto I had some room to make. :lol:

j54.jpg.210ac0f791983a0a0e912702ba9b62a3.jpg 😛

Found a bent spring under my shift rail retention ball, easy fix, but I had to pull the t-case...shift's like butter now though.

Figured I'd take care of a few other things I've been slackin on while I have it in the garage.

Got a deal on a full set of longer shocks. Picked up some Ford F-250 shock towers from the dealer (can't beat $15 each). A little cuttin and weldin and I got them mounted up in the front.

old junk

j55.thumb.jpg.b95c95e6c352afbae44b3111c6a318c9.jpg

new junk

j56.thumb.jpg.b3251e26f744669645340872a4e7efa4.jpg

Also gonna redo my drag link,x as it's too short after the steering box fixes I did...and the tie rod needs a bit of straightening and reinforcement as well. To top off the steering I ordered a full set of tie rod ends, better safe than sorry 😄

j57.jpg.cbfd881e45fb8d14ac0efb964aba7558.jpg

j58.jpg.736dd0233ab1183236e166d7318807bc.jpg

I also removed the spring clamp bolts from the front springs for a little more flex. Then I welded the clamps to the spring to keep the leafs in line (the rivets weren't holding the clamps on anymore). There's still another clamp holding 2 leaves to the main leaf front and back on each spring.

j59.thumb.jpg.d3052730d034e7c430cd91aaa65980b3.jpg

Still gotta relocate my front brake lines and stick the t-case back in, should be ready for some wheeling this weekend 😄

2eDeYe;86840']Added a pic....

It's all fun. Half the fun of a Jeep is chasing the weak spots and upgrading. The other half if is pointing the next one out by goin wheeling after you work on it. :D

I agree that is why my jeep is the way it is, pretty much rebuilt the whole thing, I found all the weak spots...ha ha