A10's U-nite !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do but I don't know where they are because I mixed and matched the springs from my wagon and parts wagon to make my "coils" and I don't remember if I cut coils off the set that is not currently on my car

You can use just about any coil that fits the strut top hat and lower perch and  is close to the spring rate you want. I trimmed my 710 coils to get a 50% increase and its firmer but not at all crazy firm. Trimming the coil may lower the ride height below what you may consider aceptible (or maybe not enough) so the lower spring perches can be cut off the strut to make them adjustable up or down. They are held in place with split collars. If you do the work it's under $30.

The Z series radiator won't work. I tried a Z20E radiator and the upper radiator hose inlet turned to the wrong direction. Best to use a KA radiator. Fits much better. 

Another issue running a Z series radiator is that it's way too thick and it's very possible it could interfere with the clutch fan. I didn't use a clutch fan, I used an e fan, however,

i remember mocking up the Z rad with the KA clutch fan and they were millimeters apart. Not a good idea.

Why would you need these? I don't know of any swaps / reason you would need them? Unless you have a 210 and you're swapping in an L20 / L series. But in that case, you would also need an A10 engine xmember?

What I would do is take some measurements, a welder and make the goddamn motor mounts. If it was me, I would have the motor in the car and sold it already. Use your skills as a fabricator, man the fuck up and fucking do it.

sold it...................  my ass.

:rofl:

Just the other day there was a 76-78  b210 with a L20b in it up at a guys house and they hadn't switched any crossmembers out at all,  they just made if fit with what they had... It apparently has been on the road for years now.

cut it out weld it up

HeyChuckleheadyeahyou.jpg

• Like 1

I was talking about FAT selling ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, well,,,,,,,,,,  anything really.  

If you weld in a mount that works,, it becomes the "right" one.     Your not quite a whole man,,, without a welder.

This I know.

It was cheap, generic welder or an air compressor. I chose the latter.

Make more money with a compressor.

Do need though.

And the radiator I have. Robo, was 2 months old when I got my A10. And we all know what happened after that.