Jun Imai's 510 Build Thread?

jbbush

Hey there,

Long time lurker (even longer 510 lover... 39 years), first time poster. Saw Jun's wagon on japanesenostalgiccar.com and wanted to revisit the build thread here on Ratsun. I had it bookmarked, but the link doesn't work any more.

Where did it go? Thanks!

~Jonathan

72 510 Wagon a long, long time ago

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info.

BTW, Laecaon, your goon in this shot is almost exactly what I wanted mine to look like when I had it (circa 1989).

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-LOjsJycM9jc/T72ctx2lb_I/AAAAAAAAD4E/crf3jbiex7U/s884/SNC10535.JPG

I had seen an old Road & Track with a 510 2-door sedan in a similar motif and said, "Yeah. That."

Jonathan

Why would anybody erase a thread? Sounds like someone desided against sharing information. Someone is getting over his head.

if he wanted specific info erased it would be taken out,

if someone wants their whole thread pulled thats up to them too.

any member can ask us to nuke their own thread at any time for any reason.

be very careful if you choose to continue to badmouth a friend of many in this community.

• Like 2

Guys,

Regarding my original 510 build thread, yes, I requested that it be taken down. I won't get into the details as to why, but it's not because of problems with Ratsun or any of its fine moderators, who do an amazing job of running a tight ship. It's a combination of things, some were to realign my content.

I have a few other things in the works now that the wagon is at a "good" level and I'm happy with it. You might see me posting up random S30 related inquiries, so that will give you a clue as to where my head is at right now.

Recently, I've been asked many similar questions about my cars/stickers/etc. Even more so since JCCS. So to answer some multiple inquiries, I'll do that as long as I'm here:

• How did you get those wheels to fit? -a big hammer and a lot of cutting. If you love your wagon, you're not going to want to do what I did. Also keep in mind I run 14's so that alone will let you go lower since there's more sidewall to work with.

• How did you get the rear that low? -research! I found all the info on Ratsun. Search Greengoon's and Laecaon's threads, they are gold mines for wagon info. I based my modifications on what they did.

• Stickers! What happened to that? -this goes back to aligning my content. We'll have something for '13, promise.

• How do I get my car featured in _____________? -I don't have a good answer for this. Build it how you like, and the rest will follow!
As always, thanks for all the Ratsun love and help, you guys are the best! :thumbup:

Jun

• Like 8

To be clear Jun asked for it to be taken down. I'm reluctant to erase anything here at ratsun as everything is valuable info to somebody at some time, perhaps 50 years from now. So I removed it from view by the membership in the hopes that one day it could be re-posted back up. Topic hidden by datzenmike, 26 July 2012 - 04:35 PM as per Jun's request.

I like where this is going :cool:

Yes, I do too. Finally I get a sleek 2-door that isn't a truck! Looking forward to it just running again. You know things are bad when you have to take the entire car apart just to clean it.

To be clear Jun asked for it to be taken down. [/b]
Yes, thanks for the clarification Mike. I read my post over and it still sounded like it got shut down. I've edited it for clarity.
Yes, I do too. Finally I get a sleek 2-door that isn't a truck! Looking forward to it just running again. You know things are bad when you have to take the entire car apart just to clean it.

OK so now I'm going to have to burn my 240Z's along with my wagon. Thanks Jun.. :rofl:

cant wait to see whats new comming up jun

let me know if I can help with any s30 parts

did you primer and  block sand the hood yet if so how did it look PM me I see it faster

Randy, the hood is still hanging in my garage, I've got a long way before this car gets a hood!  I'm actually going to spray a coat of primer, then wrap it with black vinyl for now.  I'll probably be needing parts again, so I'll hit you up before the next Eagle Rock meet.

OK so now I'm going to have to burn my 240Z's along with my wagon. Thanks Jun.. :rofl:

You got a while John.  My Z isn't seeing the streets anytime soon! :P

Datrod, before you burn your Z or your wagon consider this, I would gladly foster either or both in my garage and nobody would ever see them (well except for Williams...maybe) :thumbup:

Datrod, before you burn your Z or your wagon consider this, I would gladly foster either or both in my garage and nobody would ever see them (well except for Williams...maybe) :thumbup:

Good one. I'll keep that in mind LOL.