SWDP So.Cal. August get together!

Allright Guy did a dry run to the park this morning & took a few pics. What were going to do is call the city on Monday & reserve a gazebo. Guy will pay for it but if we can all pitch in for the cost on Sat. that would be kool. The cost is $40 for residents & $100 for non, Guy lives in the next city over but it's close. Were hoping they only charge us $40.Our thinking is if we dont reserve a gazebo we may not have alot of room for everybody.There are 7 gazebos's in the park, he took pics of #2 which will be perfect for us. BTW all of the gazebo's had reserved signs on them & im sure the park will get packed. Us reserving one will assure us a spot to put the food & a place to put the BBQ's. These are all views of #2 gazebo...

jurupapark1.jpg

jurupapark2.jpg

jurupapark4.jpg

right in front of #2...

jurupapark3.jpg

TY GUY for all your help :cool:

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just in case let's bring the EZ UPS,can not wait for this to happeng,sounds and looks good allready.how many BBQ are in line 2 or 3,let's name who's bringing the BBQS........:D

Thank You Guy!!! That place looks like just what We want. Maybe annually!! Nose to grass with tailgates facing assfault (HEY, It's not MY fault!!!) or noses facing out to get into Our beds for stuff?? We need a BANNER!!!! I have an overhead projector but NO TIME to make one. Any of You willing to make a banner? Even if it is the plaque logo sprayed on a sheet (nicely) that would look cool on the gazabo! Maybe one of You can get a vinyl blank in brown and We can enlarge the image on yellow sticker material. Then piece it together for a giant plaque. Just My thoughts. I know some of You are going to be coming and going all day. A few of You have other things going on but I don't see why We cann't stay until We're burned out later in the afternoon. A short cruise after that for photo ops, yes???

Mike a banner would be nice but we may not have the time & $$ to either make or have one made. But i agree we need one :D ..maybe by JCCS. Ok back to the original plan..the one gazebo we wanted has already been rented & they were gonna charge us $100 for it. We'll still set up close to #2 & have plenty of room for us & the EZ-ups. 19 more days !!!

Ok major update time ! As of today the Ludikris car show has been cancelled. Has something to do with the city manager but other than that who knows what gives. Anyhow this should'nt effect our BBQ except for the guys who planned on staying the night & showing the next day. I say the SWDP must continue as planned!!!

OK. Kelli from Southern California Mini Truck Council; VERIFIED that the Mayor's office of Rialto has cancelled the show on the 17th. For those of Us living quite a ways away, this is a bummer. This was to be half of the weekends event. I have been online and scouring websites for an alternitive plan for Sunday the 17th. The Bar-B-Que is an IMPORTANT event, but We should post Our thoughts. I have mentioned that actually We are taking a "chance" in securing an area at the park as the rental gazebos are already spoken for. Yes, We might "blow in there" at 06:00 or 07:00 and get between them, but keeping Our spot all day is unknown. There were a few suprizes in store and I was very excited at how it was shaping up. So, it's YOUR call......... Do We continue with Our 1st event or reschedule? INPUT PLEASE.

I have found one cruise night event in Chino on Saturday night, the 16th. One next day on the 17th at Farmer Boys in Corona. pre 1974 cars AND trucks. I see nothing else other than a group cruise to photo oppertunity places that SWDP went to long ago. Also maybe a photo op at the WigWam Motel around the Teepees. Any other ideas???

That is so far, 2 positive votes. I don't want to sound harsh here, but if You vote, do You plan to come? We, at this point, need verified numbers to fully continue. Yes or No to attendance.

Im deffinately still in for the BBQ !!! H+Guy told me theres 5 yards all within a 20 minute radius so theres that option. I REALLY want to hit up a few of the old SCDP hang out spots for pics & at the wig-wam & the old Fontana Datsun dealership Like Chris said it's going to be HISTORIC to be doing this after all those years. We can possibly do the pic /cruise after the BBQ shuts down. I also dont see any issues at the park space wise.

I have found one cruise night event in Chino on Saturday night, the 16th. One next day on the 17th at Farmer Boys in Corona. pre 1974 cars AND trucks. I see nothing else other than a group cruise to photo oppertunity places that SWDP went to long ago. Also maybe a photo op at the WigWam Motel around the Teepees. Any other ideas???

My vote keep it going.

The cruz night in corona is O.K. Would be nice to see some datto take over. Also there is a really cool indoor kart track just down the street. And for the pervs there is a topless joint just across the street. :eek:

Theres also a mini truck cruise night Sat. night in Redlands which is a 15 mile trip or so from the BBQ. How far is Corona from the BBQ? The go carts sound like fun too.

15- 20 min from fontucky.

I think the mini truck thing would be better for you guys, The cruz night in corona is hot rods. I've never seen an import there. It's just down the hill from me. So I go by there quite often.

hey people, in corona off hiway 15 is a place called tom's farm, no relation, it would be cool to cruise to on sunday, they have a very nice country market set up, stores, retuarants, live music, a lot of hot rods, bikers and custom truck guys go there over the weekend to hang out, they used to also have an arts and crafts fair , we last visited there 2 yrs ago, but back in the 90's and early 2000, our truck club would always hang there on the weekend of the southern cali mini truck counsel meetings, dat rod is that still there and going on? tom:D

hey people, in corona off hiway 15 is a place called tom's farm, no relation, it would be cool to cruise to on sunday, they have a very nice country market set up, stores, retuarants, live music, a lot of hot rods, bikers and custom truck guys go there over the weekend to hang out, they used to also have an arts and crafts fair , we last visited there 2 yrs ago, but back in the 90's and early 2000, our truck club would always hang there on the weekend of the southern cali mini truck counsel meetings, dat rod is that still there and going on? tom:D

Every weekend,

Lots of harleys and stuff. Good food too. New mexican restaurant that's not bad.