SWDP So.Cal. August get together!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE=Burabuda;65901]lawrence, you're really into the nisei thing. you got a japanese wife or sumting?:D

Burabuda, is a Vietnamese wife close enough to a Japanese wife... And besides, I work for a Japanese company (Toyota Motor Sales). I just can't get away from it.... "HELP, I'M STUCK IN ASIANVILLE":D LOL. This will be the 4th year I attend the show and first year I'm entering both Datsuns. 2 years ago the show got the BRE car in C16 magazine which they were handing out this magazine to everyone who walked into the SEMA show for free... What makes the show fun for guys like me is if you have ever been to the show, it is all the new imports with boat loads of money poured into them. When my buddies and I roll in with our old school Datsuns and Mazdas, we get tons of attention through the day as we are the only old school imports there (about 6 of us out of 400 - 500 cars) and we get lots of kudos. I enjoy the attention and it is alot of fun as they have the carnival/festival going on at the same time. You can't beat it:thumbsup:.... Though I also want to go to the BBQ datsun dreamer is putting together...:cursing:

Ok talked w/ Guy last night & he agress that Jurupa park will work out great..TY Confusion for the link. I called twice today w/ no answer but it looks like they have 5 or 6 gazebos & tons of parking, i will be bringing my EZ-up canopy incase we cant get shade. He also mentioned that there is an Ecolgy nearby so if we get done w/ the food maybe shoot over & JY until they kick us out!! Soon we should figure out whos brining what so we dont end up with too much of 1 thing. SWDP baby!!!!

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=20947229&stx=jurupa+hills+regional+park&csz=Fontana+CA&ed=7mAhzK160SyKhwIEfy16LrABgfjY1873GqXptSvCVC3knDwScfwrwlbFjTWrFyIe1jDsZxRpHp0-

WOOOHOOO.......We got a Park:D:D:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK, Now for the real Question......Who's bringing the ASADA:lol:!!!!

Mark.....Did you say "Ecology":)

All i know is we need ALOT of carne!!! & yes theres an Ecology nearby! Ill do a roll call of whos coming & we can go from there as far as whos bringing what. I called the park 3 times today w/ no answer so il lask guy to cruise by & see what the hours are & if we need to reserve a gazebo.

Ok talked w/ Guy last night & he agress that Jurupa park will work out great..TY Confusion for the link. I called twice today w/ no answer but it looks like they have 5 or 6 gazebos & tons of parking, i will be bringing my EZ-up canopy incase we cant get shade. He also mentioned that there is an Ecolgy nearby so if we get done w/ the food maybe shoot over & JY until they kick us out!! Soon we should figure out whos brining what so we dont end up with too much of 1 thing. SWDP baby!!!!

http://local.yahoo.com/details?id=20947229&stx=jurupa+hills+regional+park&csz=Fontana+CA&ed=7mAhzK160SyKhwIEfy16LrABgfjY1873GqXptSvCVC3knDwScfwrwlbFjTWrFyIe1jDsZxRpHp0-

I can bring n ezup too. Lets get a food list going and everyone can claim a couple of items off of it.

Ok heres the general plan for the 16th. Jason said he can get there early & get us a shady spot, let us know how early amigo so your not there waiting alone for a long time.

EZ-ups- Confusion, Chris & myself

food wise....

Jason-Plates,spoons, forks and Drinks! As well as Chips and dips and Dessert:)!!!, trash bags , napkins, some Music(I like 70's music:)!)and some tecate as well:D!

Brian [hang 510]-:D cerveza y hielo

Chris-10 pounds of carne para asar,salsa,guacamole,ceviche

Confusion-pasta and potato salad, sodas, chicken

Me [PCD]-hamburger patties, dogs & condiments & buns

Ill update this list as we go. I talked w/ Steroid last night & he informed me that an old friend of his will be there [sorry i forgot his name:rolleyes:] This gentelman built a show 521 back in the day named "undisputed beauty" & he's brining photo albums taken back then @ shows & runs!! Heres the truck he built...

ub1_20.jpg

& remember theres always the option to hit up Ecology in the afternoon if we have the energy. As for the guys who want to stay in a motel for the show the next day were looking at the historic wig-wam motel. Rates are reasonable & u get to sleep in a tee-pee :D & it's very close to Guys house & the park.....

http://www.wigwammotel.com/

MLub1s_02.jpg

Sorry pics arent posting,check this link,go to 70's flashback & youll see it...

http://www.the620.com/620fla.htm

OK, unless something comes up, I'm in. I plan to trailer a truck over. Either Choptana, if it's done, or Funtana. I will have 3 weeks vacation prior to those days so I might come over mid-week. If not, Jason I'll hook up with You about 5 or 6 in the morning on Saturday to reserve the spot. I would assume that I will already be in Rialto by Friday night so that I'm rested. If that is the case, the truck I bring will already be downloaded and I will drive it right to the park, not trailer it. Maybe, just maybe, I will drive it around possibly to California Mini Truck Dismantlers (Ron Wehby) on Friday. Any of You off can cruise around a little with Me if You like. I should have the brakes done on Choptana tomorrow and I'll hang the clutch slave cylynder and driveshaft today. Hopefully by tomorrow night I will know if it runs/stops. I can bring some supplys too so let Me know what is needed. I see You guys are mentioning alcohol. We collectively have never had that at a SWDP gathering. Check to see if it is allowed at the park. We do not want to blow it for SWDP. Also, if allowed, if only cans are allowed and no bottles, like most parks nowdays. I'm not trying to be a party pooper but just looking ahead as this is getting to be a larger group now. Are kids and grandkids going to be coming too? Mark, Tom and Giovana are thinking about coming too!! You might want to see what Their plans are. Also can We reach that guy from Reso.? Justin was His name? Any other Datsun fans are welcome. By the way, Jim Knight is the guy's name that had Undisputed Beauty. He has been emailing Me that He is coming. That's all I can think of other than that I will DEFINATELY be bringing Doobie Brothers!!! Do You want them on CD, cassette or 8 Track?!?!?

We collectively have never had that at a SWDP gathering. Check to see if it is allowed at the park. We do not want to blow it for SWDP.

I will DEFINATELY be bringing Doobie

need to know for sure...tecate comes in cans anways, XX

:lol:

8-track :w00t:

Ok called the park # again w/ no answer. Ill have to call the county & or have Guy swing by & inquire bout alcohol being allowed at the park. Mike cant wait to see choptana on the road finally! If you guys get there that early im sure we can get a great shady spot or even a gazebo + theres plent of parking for us all. I may post our bbq on a few other Datsun sites to see who else wants to hang out. By the way who plans on staying the night at the motel & showing the next day ? The sooner we know the better, we may have to book the room in advance.