SWDP So.Cal. August get together!

• Replies 271
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok heres an updated roll call/whos bringing what list....

EZ-ups- Confusion, Chris & myself

food wise....

Jason-Plates,spoons, forks and Drinks! As well as Chips and dips and Dessert:)!!!, trash bags , napkins, some Music(I like 70's music:)!)and some beverages as well:D!

Brian [hang 510]-:D ?

Chris-10 pounds of carne para asar,salsa,guacamole,ceviche

Confusion-pasta and potato salad, sodas, chicken

Me [PCD]-hamburger patties, dogs & condiments & buns

Steroid-?

Stilltwisted- ?

Cmfmotorsports- ?

Guy grey- ? BBQ

SD surf- ?

Rivdat-?

BRE 510-?

Datrod-BBQ chicken & cake

Jrb10-?

Motivated- ?

Nbesheer- ?

Zendog- ?

Dqami- ?

Datsunkid- BBQ

Fuelrags- ?

These guys are gonna try & make it...

Dat620----

Cheeks---

Today i called the parks department & foud out this...We can get there as early as we want which assures us a KOOL spot &,,BBQ's are allowed but they have to be propane powered. They do have BBQ's there but they may not be where we wanna hang out. EZ-UPS are also allowed !! Ive also called the Ludikris "hotline twice & it went to voicemail w/ no call backs. We need to know if we can roll in Sunday w/ coolers or if Sat. is the only day we can do that. Il see if they have an email adress & ask our questions there. Just a few more weeks guys...:thumbup:

Ok,let me know if we are going to need another gas BBQ,Iwill be bringing tortillas to "corn,flour tortillas" Hey,agua de arroz sound good too......We need to start thinking about what time we are going to meet.......:D

I talked to Tom today and there is an 80% chance They will make it. He also said that They WILL be staying Friday and Saturday night at the WigWam. Here is My plan. I will reserve 4 rooms at the WigWam, 1 for Mark, Cayton and I, 2 for Jason, 3 for Tom and 4 an extra for now. Any other than that You will have to reserve Your own. I will call shortly and review this thread on Thursday to confirm. If any of You want a 5th, 6th or more rooms, please LET ME KNOW before Thursday. Otherwise the order will go in on Thursday. Thanks!!

OK. I reserved 4 rooms. Mine has a double bed. The others for now have one. Tom and Jason, call 909-875-3005 and give Her (I cann't pronounce Her name, much less spell it) Your credit card number. The 4th room goes to whoever besides Tom or Jason calls and leaves Her Your card number. After that, they may or may not be more teepees. I will call Her back Thursday to comfirm that You guys are setup with Your rooms.Let the experience,,,,,,,,,,, BEEEeeeeeeeGin!!! (Yes, that was My King Of Cartoons from PeeWee's Playhouse reply!).

Datsunkid- Horchata sounds good on a hot day :D

Datrod- TY for bringing your gas BBQ.

73 dat- tortillas...i prefer flour ;)

As far as selling parts the park website doesnt allow it but if we keep the stuff in our truck beds i doubt there will be any issues. Mike TY for booking & reserving the rooms..thats HUGE !!

Jason- i dont think the park ever "closes" but Guy said he'd go by to make sure. Im hoping you guys can get there & simply walk in & claim our spot. Will you guys be getting there @ 6 am still? Ill be there no later than 7-7.30 am..i plan on hitting up a grocery store once i pull off the freeway to get "supplies"

Ok just heard back from Gilbert [show organizer] w/ details...his response...

Coolers will be allowed on Saturday and before 9am on Sunday, remember, no alcohol or glass bottles allowed. Here's the deal with roll-in. If your club wants to show together you must all roll-in together! Every year I try and accomedate a club on Saturday and it always jacks up my roll-in on Sunday. I hope you understand. Thanks!

This is good news. It means we can now BBQ later on into the day then possibly take a cruise down to the old Fontana Datsun dealer for some pix & or cruise to the wig-wam for some very kool "historic" pix :D So a Sunday roll in it will be !!!

Hey mark, I plan on showing My 620:D It may not be the nicest truck there...But It's "Old School":cool:!

datrod, If you want I could look out for a 620 for you:) Im actualy trying to get in touch with a guy who has a '73 620 for $600 in the Inland Empire recycler:)! He says its a nice Project...But thats all i know so far! Want his Number?

Kool deal Jason..sleeping in a wig-wam sounds interesting :D Talked w/ Guy eariler & drove to the park today. Plenty of parking, plenty of trees/shade & no gates so we can prob. get there early as discussed w/ no issues. He also said we can park right along the grass line & be close to the trucks.

he kinda has built in ear protection :lol:

when they drain them he hearing is supposed to be 'normal', wouldnt be a good idea to subject him to the noise level inside the next day :eek:

well be able to talk at speed afterwards :thumbup:

we'll be at the swapmeet on the 3rd

enjoy the show all!

takes many pix and savor the asada. i can smell it now... MMMMMMMMMM