FUC___ EPA AND AQMD BULLSHI_

Gotta love the EPA bull smogging Diesels and shit I just paid 250 dollars to have my DPF ( Diesel particulate filter) cleaned and another 91 for a new diesel particulate sensor did all the work myself removal replace and run to the shop to get it cleaned a total of 7 hours just so my truck would run right

​The thermostats went bad the truck ran to cold on the way back from a 700 mile trip and plugged the DPF causing the truck to run at a reduced power state until cleaned Diesel trucks should not even have these they produce less emissions then gasoline cars already then the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency ) comes up with this shit which reduces some emissions reduces fuel economy and adds maintenance expenses on all diesel trucks

In turn this adds cost to all products which use trucking as a means to get them to there destination IE (Everything

WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT

OH yea and the thermostat replacement was another 550 because they are a pain in the ass to get to

sorry just had to rant about my recent expenditures just to keep my truck running properly

some of which i feel are completely un neccesary IE the DPF ok im done

What are your thoughts

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gotta love the EPA bull smogging Diesels and shit I just paid 250 dollars to have my DPF ( Diesel particulate filter) cleaned and another 91 for a new diesel particulate sensor did all the work myself removal replace and run to the shop to get it cleaned a total of 7 hours just so my truck would run right

​The thermostats went bad the truck ran to cold on the way back from a 700 mile trip and plugged the DPF causing the truck to run at a reduced power state until cleaned Diesel trucks should not even have these they produce less emissions then gasoline cars already then the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency ) comes up with this shit which reduces some emissions reduces fuel economy and adds maintenance expenses on all diesel trucks

In turn this adds cost to all products which use trucking as a means to get them to there destination IE (Everything

WHAT A BUNCH OF BULLSHIT

OH yea and the thermostat replacement was another 550 because they are a pain in the ass to get to

sorry just had to rant about my recent expenditures just to keep my truck running properly

some of which i feel are completely un neccesary IE the DPF ok im done

What are your thoughts

Dude thats not the EPA that is this fucked up libreal ass state we live in.California started this and look up the AQMD and then you will be really upset.

• Like 1

debating the DPF delete it should gain about 3 to 4 miles per gallon and just re install the DPF when it goes for smog

140,000 miles so warranty is not an issue but also dont want to be throwing engine codes

do do the DPF delete correctly you should also run a programmer

total cost between 700 to 1000

3 to 4 miles per gallon better at 4 bucks a gallon could add up to savings fast

Dude thats not the EPA that is this fucked up libreal ass state we live in.California started this and look up the AQMD and then you will be really upset

just looked that up and went through a few pages

holy shit how long do I want to read about dumb ass shit AQMD is pretty fucked up

The joke is when I take my diesel in to get it smogged it is all visual and a quick rev to check for black smoke

and also have to sighn a waver stating that I dont want to pay them 10 dollars to check the air in my tires

checking the air in my tires is an automatic item on the smog unless you sign that you dont want them to check it

ITS ALL ABOUT THE MONEY

Generally diesels produce more NoX less Co2 than gas engines. Also 'generally', Co2 contributes to atmospheric warming over a longer time than NoX does. So..... diesels will produce a faster but shorter lived increase of 'global warming' but gas engines will create more warming over the long run.

Generally diesels produce more NoX less Co2 than gas engines. Also 'generally', Co2 contributes to atmospheric warming over a longer time than NoX does. So..... diesels will produce a faster but shorter lived increase of 'global warming' but gas engines will create more warming over the long run.

And about immediate diesel particulate pollution? Respiratory diseases, cancer? I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but also no use to stick ones head in the sand like diesel doesn't produce problems...
Guest 510kamikazifreak

And about immediate diesel particulate pollution? Respiratory diseases, cancer? I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but also no use to stick ones head in the sand like diesel doesn't produce problems...

But the powers that be(for better words)

Say it is all ok for us..

yeh right

Just sayin' diesels have come a long way.

I got ten forward gears,

And a Georgia overdrive.

I'm taking little white pills,

And my eyes are open wide.

I just passed a 'Jimmy' and a 'White':

I've been passin' everything in sight.

Six days on the road and I'm gonna make it home tonight.

Well my rig's a little old,

But that don't mean she's slow.

There's a flame from her stack,

And the smoke's rolling black as coal.

My hometown's coming in sight,

If you think I'm happy your right.

Six days on the road and I'm gonna make it home tonight. ..... (apologies to Dave Dudley)

At the diesel shop the residue that comes out of the DPF is stored in 5 gallon buckets and gets removed by HAZMAT along with there used floor sweep

They only clean with a kiln at extreme temperatures if the beater blower machine does'nt clean it good enough

the tech told me the machine that does the cleaning was 60,000 the compressor to run it was 40,000 and 2.5 days for the electrition to wire it all up

Cancer?Please only that liberal gestapo state of Kalifornia makes that claim.If it were true,there'd be millions of dead truckers & rails from cancer.

It's all about the money.The Peoples Republik of kalifornia DMV office suspened my registration to my Cobra TWO YEARS AFTER i moved to Az. because they didn't like the way the state of Georgia did it's paperwork.

Back to Diesels-and people wonder why i am keeping my 2000 Cummins.......go figure.

Cancer?Please only that liberal gestapo state of Kalifornia makes that claim.If it were true,there'd be millions of dead truckers & rails from cancer.

It's all about the money.The Peoples Republik of kalifornia DMV office suspened my registration to my Cobra TWO YEARS AFTER i moved to Az. because they didn't like the way the state of Georgia did it's paperwork.

Back to Diesels-and people wonder why i am keeping my 2000 Cummins.......go figure.

I won't argue that the DMV is a bunch of tools, and so is CARB, but denying that exhaust fumes of either gasoline or diesels is not harmful is just stupid.

Dr. Silverman, chief of environmental epidemiology for the National Cancer Institute, said her study of 50 years of exposure to diesel fumes by 12,000 miners showed that nonsmoking miners who were heavily exposed to diesel fumes for years had seven times the normal lung cancer risk of nonsmokers.

The W.H.O. decision was announced Tuesday in Lyon, France, after a weeklong scientific meeting. It also said diesel exhaust was a possible cause of bladder cancer. Diesel exhaust now shares the W.H.O.’s Group 1 carcinogen status with smoking, asbestos, ultraviolet radiation, alcohol and other elements that pose cancer risks.

The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) is part of the World Health Organization (WHO). Its major goal is to identify causes of cancer. IARC classifies diesel engine exhaust as "carcinogenic to humans," based on the evidence that it is linked to an increased risk of lung cancer.

The National Toxicology Program (NTP) is formed from parts of several different US government agencies, including the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), and the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The NTP has classified exposure to diesel exhaust particulates as "reasonably anticipated to be a human carcinogen."

The US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) maintains the Integrated Risk Information System (IRIS), an electronic database that contains information on human health effects from exposure to various substances in the environment. The EPA classifies diesel exhaust as "likely to be carcinogenic to humans."

The National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) is part of the CDC that studies exposures in the workplace. NIOSH has determined that diesel exhaust is a "potential occupational carcinogen."

Ya 50% cancer rate among men and 33% among women that make it to 80yo... it's all a liberal lie though. The evidence that supports it is the same as the evidence that supports every other kind of cancer and the causes of them. Testing and statistics, though thats got to be more liberal lies for sure...

Hey, my brother is a long haul trucker as well and he is seriously considering dropping California from his list of states. Says the DMV out there is about to start pillaging truckers. Something about jacking up fines and such. According to him, a lot of the O and O guys are thinking of not making runs to California. If it happens, expect the cost of most of your stuff to go up...