Sharknose on HTF

datsunfreak

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if I could ever own one.. I'm already too possessive about my regular ol' 610's..

know what you mean. that front end is'nt as appealing in my eyes but to be honest i would have not hesitation if one came up for a good price local! especially a 2 door.

• 3 months later...

Id love to put a bull shark (sameburu 2000gtx) front end on my coupe but i think the wheelbase is longer on that jap model to fit the 6cyl in. The guards are heaps longer in between the front wheel and door.

sooooo much win!

I hate to say it but the glitter paint is starting to grow on me. first time I saw it I hated it, called it gay/trendy whatever...but damn...that taillight panel on the first one.....I feel like its looking into space...or the eye of an angel or something....

also I'm not much of a 610 guy, not that I don't love them, I just havent had the chance to get my paws on one yet, but what model do these fronts come from. based off this thread, its clearly a rare one. but what is this 2000gtx you speak of?

also I'm not much of a 610 guy, not that I don't love them, I just havent had the chance to get my paws on one yet, but what model do these fronts come from. based off this thread, its clearly a rare one. but what is this 2000gtx you speak of?

Its from the 6cyl version of the 610. Its got the longer nose to accommodate the longer engine. 

The Because the form of the slit in the front side resembled the gills of the shark, Bluebird

U was called "SAMEBURU" (a meaning of Bluebird of the shark) in Japan hence the nickname shark nose or bull shark. The front end was on the Bluebird U GT, GTX, and GTXE models. These models contained an L20/L20A. The L20 is a SOHC 12-valve engine produced from 1966. A 78.0 mm bore and 67.9 mm stroke meant a displacement of 1,998 cc. Later, this engine became the L20A to avoid confusion with the four-cylinder L20B introduced in 1975. The L20 was used in theNissan Skyline 2000 GT and Nissan Cedric 130, producing 109 hp (81 kW) for the 2000 GT and 123 hp (92 kW) for the Cedric.

The L20A was used in HLC210 (Nissan Laurel/Datsun 200L, 75-77), G610 Bluebird U 2000 GT and GTX, 230/330 Series Cedrics, HIJC31 (Laurel, 81-85), and Fairlady Z (1970-1983). It produces 115 hp (86 kW). The most powerful GTX-E received fuel injection and 130 PS (96 kW).[11]

1973-datsun-610Sedan.jpgdeep-dish-ssr-mk2-nissan-bluebird-u-pic16327660654_6a3d5bc5ee_b.jpg6327661456_05151fb988_b.jpgjbluebird1pi.jpg1228020721.jpg1216643145.jpg