74 620- low and fast build

71kat510

never had stock rims and i like how the fit will look good with flares

Damn few cars look good with flairs. More impressive to make it work without them. Now the box will need to be cut, and flairs on the front to match that don't need them, again, too bad.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at the shock photo is still not right.

You need the lower plate washer on top and bottom to hold the bushing in there and the center(truck).

I dont see a washer plate under the bushing. this washer plate should be on the top of the shock then bushing

BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!

IMG_20121023_154631_120.jpg

Looks like shock is bottomed out already. If ride improved is because you're riding on a new rubber bushing.

Speaking of bushings that upper link bushing on the right is worn away. See how the steering knuckle has shifted over to the right also?

IMG_20121023_152636_314.jpg

Driver's side look worn and shifted to the right (rear) also. They are Pt. #54509-08700 about $5 each.

got a photo for reference so i can see how it should be

No photo needed really. Should be washer, bushing, shock mount, bushing, washer, nut and lock nut. But, because you asked

IMG_1420.jpg

looking at the shock photo is still not right.

You need the lower plate washer on top and bottom to hold the bushing in there and the center(truck).

I dont see a washer plate under the bushing. this washer plate should be on the top of the shock then bushing

BELIEVE ME!!!!!!!!!!!

This guys knows what he's talking about, unless you want to know how to post pics :lol:

Oh and listen to that Mike guy as well ;)

Redeyed saved the day with the photo.

What Mike said also. Those are A arm bushings I believe. I think I got mine from Napa. But Rockauto might have them also. there is a little bit if a trick to get the bolt out. Loosen the nut so it extends out but not ro much where its off. then pund it to loosen the bolt head to the left.

I just suggest this as most guys pull the nut off then pound the bolt then say OH I just fucked up the threads on the bolts now cant get the nut back on

post 20

thats what i thought to but according to o reilys theres only one bushing up top asked a local datsun expert and said itd be fine

Can you give us their names? but maybe the extra washers wernt in the kit

Just wanted to throw my 2 cents in here to a fellow noob Datsun owner, if any of those guys say something then it is gospel after reading post after post and researching for my project, I have found them to be bottomless founts of knowledge :)

• Like 2

so my tail lights appearantly havent been working found this out on saturday night when that lead to me getting arrested think it might be linked to my dash lights that havent been working brake lights work but not the running lights any ideas or solutions on where my problem might be or where to start gonna work on it tomorrow

nice progress. lookin good.

I hate the word "stance" tho :rofl:

I was having a really hard time not saying something...

I read the words 'stance' and 'game' like a half dozen times in the first paragraph...

Those words, in my opinion, are interchangeable with 'v-tak!' and 'illest' and 'nos'.

Congrats on your first Datsun- word to the wise ;) the less 'honda / HIN / scene -speak' you use, the more seriously people here will take you.

Welcome! That 620 has some good potential!

• Like 1

maybe the warrant was from the over use of the word stance......have u decide on a what stance to take in court....make sure your stance doesnt send bad body english to the judge ... he might take a stance on you against using the word stance....

ok, enough i was joking... nice truck , theres a local here in olympia building a drift 620...complete with zg flares and a sweet nastruck wing onthe back...debated posting pics ..but i know he is pretty low key...looked like pre flaring your fender lip was pushed in any way on the front...should find some rallys ..they look nice on a 620 ..especially if the 620 has the right stance...ok sorry last one i pormise

i dont usually talk like that but earlier that day my and my friend were making fun of these honda kids that had hellaflush stickers with stock wheels while in my friends da9 integra that has 15x8 +0 rear +12 front that is on the ground and talked like that for hrs that night i guess it kinda transferred to this but i like the rims on the truck kinda has a old school look and my fenders arent rolled to much but it will be getting taken apart real soon probably down to the frame for notching and painting and some more low oics coming soon

328553_412493972143882_600959808_o.jpg

friends da9 after paint

so my tail lights appearantly havent been working found this out on saturday night when that lead to me getting arrested

long story but my license was suspended and ill check that out hopefully nothing to major is wrong with it

How could you know know this? You must have gotten a ticket in the past that led to this? Even if you didn't go to court they would send you a notification.

maybe the warrant was from the over use of the word stance.....

Sounds legit....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

yes been working on sourcing parts from a guy near by that happens to have a few non running 620's which will replace my crappy ruined stock parts hopefully but i still wanna throw some flair into it and update it at the same time but look stock from the outside and most of the interior if i can but work on handling and more power