74 620- low and fast build

71kat510

front marker is on backwards......to bad that acura couldn't drag a 2x4 lol

the word stanced.....as in the past tense version of stance should be banned from the english language......i mean, to say, hey that car ... it has a real nice stance ... thats ok....

but to describe your car as being or associating with..stanced...nahhh never ...its gotta go...its like the term hella....combining those two words should cause a implosion

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya that was my point, Idk how restore and stance can exist in the same sentence unless its something like.... That poor stanced car, someone should restore it lmao

front marker is on backwards......to bad that acura couldn't drag a 2x4 lol

the word stanced.....as in the past tense version of stance should be banned from the english language......i mean, to say, hey that car ... it has a real nice stance ... thats ok....

but to describe your car as being or associating with..stanced...nahhh never ...its gotta go...its like the term hella....combining those two words should cause a implosion

to bad your wrong and that acura pulled down a wall 8 guys with sledge hammers moved it two inches one acura pulled it down wall was solid as hell and thats your opinion its my truck im gonna what i want with it why is there so much hate? so what if i like low cars with good fitment

There is no hate about what you like. Just your incorrect usage of words. stanced and restored, hellaflush and good fitment haha its like a alanis morissette song....

to bad your wrong and that acura pulled down a wall 8 guys with sledge hammers moved it two inches one acura pulled it down wall was solid as hell and thats your opinion its my truck im gonna what i want with it why is there so much hate? so what if i like low cars with good fitment

I don't think you want to sass JRock about lowered trucks... He's probably built more lowered trucks than years you've been alive. Just FYI.

If you put the marker lights on that way it has less drag, gives you better gas mileage and is probably worth 1/2 more horsepower

:thumbup: oic :thumbup:

fyi.... lowered anything is ghey as fuct....just sayin....

skibs right...that comment oozed ironic juice in the thread

328553_412493972143882_600959808_o.jpg

Unless this changed, (above) this isn't good 'fitment'. It's a lack of 'fitment' in the guise of a style'. Some may like this 'style' but those who know anything about suspension and handling would call it foolish. Lowering a car and not correcting the resultant IRS camber issues because they don't know why or how, or are looking for that 'style' is just plain ignorance.

Proper 'fitment' requires thought and hard work to achieve and isn't readily apparent at first glance. Only later does it sink in that someone went to a lot of bother to make the car harmonious and fun to both drive and look at.

Stanced? The fact of having a certain stance achieved on a vehicle? I have no problem with that expression. What about riced? lowered, raised, chopped, raked, sectioned......

All vehicles have to have electric lighted front and rear side marker lights. The 521 has had them since October '69. The '68 510's only had fronts but the '69 and on had front and rear lights.

328553_412493972143882_600959808_o.jpg

Unless this changed, (above) this isn't good 'fitment'. It's a lack of 'fitment' in the guise of a style'. Some may like this 'style' but those who know anything about suspension and handling would call it foolish. Lowering a car and not correcting the resultant IRS camber issues because they don't know why or how, or are looking for that 'style' is just plain ignorance.

Proper 'fitment' requires thought and hard work to achieve and isn't readily apparent at first glance. Only later does it sink in that someone went to a lot of bother to make the car harmonious and fun to both drive and look at.

Stanced? The fact of having a certain stance achieved on a vehicle? I have no problem with that expression. What about riced? lowered, raised, chopped, raked, sectioned......

All vehicles have to have electric lighted front and rear side marker lights. The 521 has had them since October '69. The '68 510's only had fronts but the '69 and on had front and rear lights.

Mike you just typed a paragraph on why to have a problem with that expression lol.

The car above your talking about by popular definition is stanced.

Can be done both tastefully and tacky imho. 99% of the time it rides to the tacky side, again just mho

http://www.urbandict...php?term=stance

No. I don't think so. Well maybe. Stance (to me) isn't right or wrong it's just like a preference. Once you get your car sitting the way you want it, it's been stanced. Weather others think it right or wrong doesn't enter into it. You could say it's stanced wrong in my opinion or stanced right in my opinion but for sure it is stanced. Hellaflush isn't right or wrong it just IS. I think it's stupid but this is simply an opinion.

I was commenting on fitment. Fit implies a certain amount of correctness. Either it 'fits' or it doesn't 'fit'. Crazy tire camber does not 'fit'. Nor is it 'fitment'. It is outside how it was designed to work or look.

Thats the confusion me and mike are having lol. "stanced" by popular current definition is that shit fitment Mike typed a paragraph about. Which is why I said he should have a prob with the word since it refers to the very fitment he was disliking. Mike is defending the usage of the word itself though like you are. Yes stance is referring to how something sits and not necessarily lowered. For this convos sake though stanced is dropped substantially.

My truck has a 6" lift and a nice stance (imho anyway) but if I said that I "stanced" it that would imply I dropped it.

Thats just popular definition I'm not saying one is right or wrong or good or bad etc... Just saying for convos sake

and yes mike we have done alot of work on that car recently to fix alot of the fitment issues currently looks like this

ResizedImage_1354734872106.jpg

and to get that though low required some cutting hammering and rewelding (didnt get a pic of it after welding)

ResizedImage_1354734907207.jpg

but ill check on that light setup will be rewiring it most likely when i get my bed off so it can get c notched

and is there a way to change the title? but plans for the week bed line the bed finish derusting my floors and bed line and carpet

You can edit the title by editing the first post in the thread...

That is not a 'upper control arm' that is the strut mount and you severely compromised it. I hope it was reinforced adequately...good luck getting the alignment correct.

^^^^ you talking about the piece thats purple? if so thats a extended top hat and alignment is good but thanks for the info on changing the title much appreciated

I'm talking about the structural support that someone took a grinder to.

Minitrucked....ya sounds like a good description. :lol: