windshield for 1968 520 and 1972 521

rcruz

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes he does and there is another guy that sells them here in Cali but they fuckin suck.I know there is a guy that will make one for you i hope some one can chime in on this,also there's got to be a guy up in Washington that does the same thing.I know he takes measurements and finds another window that is close and shapes it to your truck.

Phixius,

I'm in Oly as well and haven't bought the 68 yet. its not in WA. i have the 72 521 and doing reasearch before i get more involved with these trucks. I used

to own a 72 and a 70 many years ago. Waiting to hear back from couple glass companies that may think they can have access to glass. I will post is I have good news. Thanks to all other response.

I got mine from Speedy Auto Glass. It is made by Pilkton Glass. Speedy said they had 8 left when I ordered mine in May. I purchased my gasket off ebay....They kinda suck, but mine doesnt leak any more since my glass guy glued the gasket in.

Yes he does and there is another guy that sells them here in Cali but they fuckin suck.I know there is a guy that will make one for you i hope some one can chime in on this,also there's got to be a guy up in Washington that does the same thing.I know he takes measurements and finds another window that is close and shapes it to your truck.

I have checked around here in vancouver wa, no one wants to cut curved glass around here.

I heard it can be cut in portland oregon, but they wanted to much, I would buy used before I paid what I heard they were asking.

I bought/had cut a new 520/521 windshield in california while I was down there picking up the 320 windshields I had cut, I still paid a lot considering I just had 19 320 windshields cut, but there is nothing like a new windshield.

I have to say this, if there is a 521 in a wrecking yard around you that has a good windshield, BUY IT, as it is expensive to have them made, sure it is a hassle to store it in a back closet somewhere, but it is well worth it when you need one, especially when you can get it for less than $50.00 in most cases around here where I live.

I do have 520/521 windshield gaskets still available for $120.00 shipped in the lower 48 states with molded corners(not cut).

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Hmmnn  ...

I guess I was really lucky last year to get a windshield from the local supplier (Carsten Auto Glass) Springfield MO after my '72' 521 came out of the paint shop..  the old windshield was hazed and hard to see thru.   I got the new glass $235 and seal $75 and installed all for around $370 bucks, the glass came in from Omaha, NE.

good luck

skinkr