phils other wagon

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

totally forgot about oil pump pick up. The oil pan has to come off. Lame!

at this point who knows. But the bottom is missing teeth and has a huge chunk of metal embedded in to other teeth. It tore up my timing cover. I'm thinking a new head, chain set and timing cover/oil pump and I'm set. Cruising the gut? 

• Like 1

upon closer inspection. I found the culprit . Lower timing chain tensioner failed. It lost its cap that holds pressure. Loose timing chain would cause it to run pretty bad at lower  rpms. That second gear pull rattled it completely loose causing it to make its way down the timing cover. The teeth caught it . Chain skipped and well you know the rest...

however I did not over rev it! 10 dollar part has caused over $700 in damage. It will need a new head,head set,timing set, and timing cover. I bought the whole engine for half that. What to do. It will be a while until I find a deal like that. Rebuild it?

Wow I wondered what happened. Usually when turbo KA's blow up they still run just smoke like mad. Damn those dual cam timing chain setups. Put some forged pistons in while you have it apart. They sell non over bore sizes now.

• 4 weeks later...

fuck those socs !! I stay golden

didnt you put the turbo on a n/a ka?

and fuck those Socs!!!!

try'n to pull alpha an shit!!    :rofl:  :rofl:

Wow I wondered what happened. Usually when turbo KA's blow up they still run just smoke like mad. Damn those dual cam timing chain setups. Put some forged pistons in while you have it apart. They sell non over bore sizes now.

next time Jeff. I'm addicted to it can't wait any longer

back to page 1 :hmm:

yup

fresh rebuilt s13 head. New chain set and head set. Rod bearings just for good measure. Just have to pull it. Should take one day. Getting really good at this . This week I installed a fully forged ka into a four door...turbo bum!

• Like 2

hmm don't think I will keep up on this thread. See you guys at canby hahaha. Can I still troll on ratsun? Talk shit to morons and post dumb things? Boobies? There is a camera and a computer in the house . But am I motivated ? No. Just another turbo wagon... 

• Like 1