610 Resurrection!

Hey guys, I have had my 610 for about 2 years or so, I bought it from a guy in Estacada, OR for a few hundred and pulled it out of the weeds.

I made a horribly terrific webpage about the complete restoration/build of the car. I am obviously not a web designer, so be easy on me.

OK, Heres the link:

http://tinyurl.com/5me8g3

Enjoy!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how much did you spend i wanna know so i can start saving

We cannot possibly even try to "save" for this - My 610 will NEVER compare.

There's the level of restoration we see in compression's car and then there's a daily driver. I can only hope that mine is a little further on the scale from the daily driver status, when compared to this car. This restoration is museum quality, a feast for the eyes of the average, and eye candy for the Datsun enthusiast.

x1

aaron's done a street mod build up similar to how guys fix up nice 510's

i might get hated on for saying it, but his car is no longer a ratsun

sure, there are a few 610's that exceed expectations, but most of those are in other countries

last, most importantly, he did most of the work himself:thumbup:

x1

aaron's done a street mod build up similar to how guys fix up nice 510's

i might get hated on for saying it, but his car is no longer a ratsun

sure, there are a few 610's that exceed expectations, but most of those are in other countries

last, most importantly, he did most of the work himself:thumbup:

There's no hate, Burabuda. Everybodys Datsun has a little Ratsun in it, and I know where it is on Aaron's 610...;)

Thanks for the compliments guys.

I am not sure of the exact defnition of a Ratsun, but if I have violated the code, please feel free to give me the boot.:)

I did do all the work myself (except the body paint), I am too cheap to pay anyone to do stuff for me. How does that saying go? "if you want something done right..."

I guess I am lucky to have the resources to pull it off.

I dont know how much it cost, but it was not astronomical, I picked up the complete KA swap for only $300, and got great deals on the rest of the stuff. The real cost was the time involved. I dont have any kids (yet), so I was able to spend several evenings a week, and a some weekend days working away.

The car is a hoot to drive. No one has any idea what kind of car it is, even "gear heads" are completely puzzled. My friends and I agree it looks like a mini american muscle car (from the front). Although it is hard to actually pin exactly what car. Maybe a Cuda or something.

I will be at Canby, if any of you are there, come say Hi.

maybe we need a faq on the definition of ratsun :D

i first heard it in the 1980's usually as a derogatory word

however, i did know a guy with a super lifted 620 with a 350 on jeep 4wd frame

and he painted "ratsun" on his tailgate

as you can imagine, that truck was not disrespected ;)

since this forum has a high percentage of truck lovers, i'd say the word means something else to them

i used the word to describe datsuns that were either ratty looking or kept running on a low budget

I am not sure of the exact defnition of a Ratsun, but if I have violated the code, please feel free to give me the boot.:)

Hell no you can't get the boot! We need guys like you w/ your attention to detail and skills. Infact if my administrative powers could virtually handcuff you to Ratsun, I'd have to do it.

I don't think ratsun is definable. I don't think it is a look (though most look ratty!), but more of a state of mind. It is great to have the ratty rides, it is great to have the impecable rides like yours. One of the reasons this place was created was to be able to appreciate all datsuns, all makes, in all shapes and sizes and condition, united under one roof.

You rocked this 610 with your own hands. Using really great ideas. Not only that, but you showed this much love to, of all things, a oddball like a 610. (I love them BTW.) Hell just owning a 610 is a Ratsun thing to me!

If I ever own a 610, my dream one would be just like yours.

Dude you totally belong here. Welcome, and never, ever leave.:)

Why are you 610 guys trying to make me go out and find one. Very nice.

that's because we NEED you to go out and find one ;)

too many years i've seen them donated to the wreckers

combined with very little enthusiasm for the 610 until recently

there's hardly any left compared to 510's

irony is that datsun is supposed to have sold MORE 610's than 510's :blink:

parts cars like compresson's and zerow's would be not only fixable in some countries, but worth a lot more MONEY!

that's because we NEED you to go out and find one ;)

too many years i've seen them donated to the wreckers

combined with very little enthusiasm for the 610 until recently

there's hardly any left compared to 510's

irony is that datsun is supposed to have sold MORE 610's than 510's :blink:

parts cars like compresson's and zerow's would be not only fixable in some countries, but worth a lot more MONEY!

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Burabuda. Agreed, you need to go out and find one. I love my 4 door, it's the first car I ever turned wrenches on. I changed my own valve cover gasket at age 10 on that 4 door , I learned to drive in that 4 door. I could never part with it. Everyone has their likes and dislikes, but to see these 610s coming out of the woodwork makes me happy.

The boot? NEVER!

I have been here on Ratsun for a short time, but I think if I had to put a definition to it I would say:

Ratsun is a conglomeration of ideas that are both accepted as the normal and regarded as somewhat unorthodox all wrapped up in a vehicle made by Nissan Motor Corporation, Japan.

compression, I think that your car epitomzes this ideal.

2eDeYe;62788']Ratsun is a state of mind.

Ratsun is a Datto built/modified with your blood' date=' sweat and tears invested.

Ratty or not, your 610 is definitley a Ratsun :D[/quote']

lol i think my 610 has this covered alot of sweat not to much blood but some and recently alot of tears due to the wreak but i love my car its like zerow's car it has alot of sentimental value and isnt going anywhere even though its been hit im fixing her :P