Center exit exhaust... ever been done?

Center on a truck is silly. Side pipe that shit! ;)

I agree, buy a sports car f you want a sports car lol. I mean dont get me wrong what ever makes ya happy I just think its counter productive for a truck. To me though a truck is a tool, I know its not the same to everyone though lol.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or actually have the exhaust exiting pass the wind channel of the vehicle. And besides that, who washes trucks on a regular basis? I still haven't cleaned all the bugs off the poor girl since my vacation! Really need to actually. Been too busy.

I don't know what you guys are crying about rear exit exhaust on trucks for? Less of a truck...WTF? Every truck I ever saw exited out the rear, factory and aftermarket, or at least behind the rear tire. Most states laws won't allow it to exit anywhere near the cab either. No way in hell I would do exhaust anywhere in front of the rear tire. I don't like coughing and having my eyes burning. Not to mention loud and obnoxious. I had side exit on my old Firebird Formula with LT1V8. Couldn't hear anyone talking or the radio if windows were down! At least we don't want to do redneck smokestacks!

30518_1502512405780_552351_n.jpg

Early '70s Challenger and 'Cuda had side exit exhaust on both sides with the Trans Am package. The inlet and outlets were on the front of the mufflers. The 'tail pipe' bent around in a U and emptied to the side. Very cool at the time as this mimicked a header and straight pipe but actually used a muffler. 1970-Dodge-Challenger_T_A-317821340380491.JPG

I know it's not a Datsun, but drooooooooollll. :) And for the record, pointed out in front of the tire I never had problem one with exhaust in the cab. Perhaps yours wasn't far enough out from the vehicle to get out into the air stream. You'll notice there aren't any black marks above the tailpipe in my picture. Means the exhaust is clearing the air buffet around the vehicle and exiting properly. Smoke trails up the rear of the tailgate are most definitely getting inside the cab.