510 Goon IRS Swap - goin lower...

]2eDeYe

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Still waiting, always waiting... Just needs a drive shaft and the front suspension and it's good to go.

Exhaust is done except for the flex coupler at the K-member. Just needs welded in.

IMG_4523.jpg

Flanged to make it somewhat easy to take apart when if needed.

IMG_4529.jpg

This was getting some goodies installed after power coat.

Sorry for my terrible pics in advance. :lol:

IMG_4524.jpg

IMG_4525.jpg

IMG_4527.jpg

RB 240sx

do those coilover mounts on the bottom effect the scrub line any?

they honestly look like my shock mounts on my truck.

you think they'll be close to the ground with the wheel and tire combo?

while it might be a "safety" issue, reason i ask, is we get popped for having any part of the vehicle being lower than the lowest point of the wheel. is it like that in WA?

do those coilover mounts on the bottom effect the scrub line any?

they honestly look like my shock mounts on my truck.

you think they'll be close to the ground with the wheel and tire combo?

while it might be a "safety" issue, reason i ask, is we get popped for having any part of the vehicle being lower than the lowest point of the wheel. is it like that in WA?

The mount is above the lower wheel edge and as close to the wheel as they could get it. A flat won't drop it on the ground. Still kinda worried about it hanging on stuff, but it should be pretty protected as long as they don't take it off road. :lol:

The joys of going low. You learn pretty quick how to avoid the grinds and bumps or ignore them as your grinding and bumping.

I'm sure my cross member in my black truck would have torn off sooner rather than later if I kept driving it. :lol:

I will be interested to see how satisfied you are (or the owner) with the ride quality, and, I hope you will post up an estimate of what it could cost to do this conversion to someone else's wagon. Also, would you change anything if you built another one? Thanks.

u guys are making great progress.... u cant rush a awesome project like this ....cant wait to see it .....post more pics trailer....

u cant rush perfection ... it takes time to masterfully create a masterpiece....be patient, it's always worth the wait....

It is extremely difficult. Got an update pic texted to me while on vacation. Still a bit more work to do to get it a little lower and leveled out, but it's getting there.

This ones for you jrock, now back to my cervezas :D

IMG_45841_zps820a5328.jpg