Who else wastes too much time on 240 Volvos?

I have a 1980 242. Its the second cleanest car Ive ever owned. And I want it cleaner. Im doing lots of goofy shit like adding power steering, later brakes, stuff like that. Just looking for somebody who knows what the hell theyre doing with these things and can maybe answer a question or twodozen. So speak up, I already know youre nuts enough to fuck with datsuns, I know theres volvo guys lurking.

• Like 3
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dad had a volvo shop for 20+ years I started hanging out there when I was 13. I have had at least ten 240's from a 79 wagon to a 91 sedan also a few Turbo cars and even one v8 242. I currently have a 86 wagon and a 91 sedan. I'll lend you any knowledge Ive learned along the way. I love those cars. Been in two nasty wrecks and the cars are amazingly tough.

Replace the rear main seal ( seriously ,,, it's really common with higher miles volvo's lol )

240 volvo's are bulletproof ...

ocassional wire might get soaked in oil or get a bad connection and good bad ...

there's not a lot that goes wrong with them

740's

850's

V70's

^^^ are all good cars !!!

Like a datsun ,, do your maintenance ,, change your oil often ( especially if Turbo ) and they will last forever

the rear axle is 53" I used one in my Fiat 131/brava it was only 3/4 inch wider overall, so 3/8 a side they have huge rear disks and a real ebrake in the hat of the rotor. Also you can get a good gear type (thorsen lsd for around $500 and a lot of ratio choices, its a Dana 30 same as most every jeep from 75-current.

the rear axle is 53" I used one in my Fiat 131/brava it was only 3/4 inch wider overall, so 3/8 a side they have huge rear disks and a real ebrake in the hat of the rotor. Also you can get a good gear type (thorsen lsd for around $500 and a lot of ratio choices, its a Dana 30 same as most every jeep from 75-current.

Thankyou for that. And that is exactly why I want one for a 510 wagon. Sounds like a perfect replacement to me. Now to just figure out bolt pattern issues.

Thankyou for that. And that is exactly why I want one for a 510 wagon. Sounds like a perfect replacement to me. Now to just figure out bolt pattern issues.

My fiat was 4x98mm and I had a machine shop make plugs and they were I believe welded into place (they might have been threaded plugs, ). Then they re-drilled to the pattern I needed. Been like that for 15+ years no problems.

volvo pattern is 5x108

Here is my 131/Brava with the Volvo Diff.

Here is a pic of my first car. It is a 1980 Fiat Brava. Funny thing is back in the early 90's when I started to drive a lot of people thought it was a 510. It was nowhere near this nice then. But it is restored to where I'm proud of it and it is now a very rare car. Just wanted to share. I am so lucky to have my first car still.

IMG_3214.JPG

Enjoy

I fuel injected it when I was 17. I spun a bearing my freshman year of college. That is what started the restoration. It was stripped to bare metal and dad and I painted it in the garage. I bought a 131sport that had been imported from Germany and that is where the euro bumpers and body cladding came from and the Abarth grill. It also has the euro int, and a close ratio short shift Abarth trans. The weak part of that car was the rear end. I blew up seven of them in High School. So it now has a custom Volvo/Dana30 Rear in it, and so far, it is still alive. The engine is mildly built, still injected. Dad and I still toy with the Idea of putting a Turbo on it. When my 510 runs circles around the Brava I have a feeling it will see some forced induction. I have a built KA24DE-T for my dime, so I cant wait to finish it to re-visit the Fiat again, It is done so I am going to leave it alone until I have another toy to drive.

• 2 months later...

UGG 5124 Women's Suburb Crochet Profound Brown is just one of the hottest vendor of UGG Boots. Ugg Australia is very pleased to introduce the Suburb Crochet featuring a abundant knit and suede upper thorough with a leather lace with a subtle fringe conclusion. Finished with a light-weight EVA outsole with rubber pods for durability and traction.

You've got now obtained your very first pair of Ugg boots and after donning for a even though you could obtain that they have up and running cheap ugg boots to reduce that new look about them. In this short article we are going to give you with some ideas on how to thoroughly clean your Ugg boots so that they keep browsing as good as new.

Sure these boots are very snug to wear and simply because of this you could possibly come across on your own wearing them alot. Which is all very well and excellent until eventually they get started to get filthy and launch to scent. Absolutely 1 ugg sale way of generating guaranteed that your boots remaining seem superior is by using a professional cleaning solution which has been made for use on leather-based low cost uggs and suede goods.

The most important predicament that may perhaps end you ugg sale from getting this kind of a cleansing solution is the cost. Certainly some of the types that are marketed for use by boot makers can be quite high-priced. So alternatively than throw away income on these we give a range of methods to cleanse your Ugg Boots and guarantee that they stay seeking as very good as they dayugg boots outlet came out of the box.

Step one - You will need to quite lightly dampen the outside of the boot with some cold drinking water. It is important that at no stage do you totally immerse them in water. Immersing them in drinking water not only has an effect on the lining of the boot within but will also induce the boot to end up misshaped.

UGG 5124 Women's Suburb Crochet Profound Brown is just one of the hottest vendor of UGG Boots. Ugg Australia is very pleased to introduce the Suburb Crochet featuring a abundant knit and suede upper thorough with a leather lace with a subtle fringe conclusion. Finished with a light-weight EVA outsole with rubber pods for durability and traction.

You've got now obtained your very first pair of Ugg boots and after donning for a even though you could obtain that they have up and running cheap ugg boots to reduce that new look about them. In this short article we are going to give you with some ideas on how to thoroughly clean your Ugg boots so that they keep browsing as good as new.

Sure these boots are very snug to wear and simply because of this you could possibly come across on your own wearing them alot. Which is all very well and excellent until eventually they get started to get filthy and launch to scent. Absolutely 1 ugg sale way of generating guaranteed that your boots remaining seem superior is by using a professional cleaning solution which has been made for use on leather-based low cost uggs and suede goods.

The most important predicament that may perhaps end you ugg sale from getting this kind of a cleansing solution is the cost. Certainly some of the types that are marketed for use by boot makers can be quite high-priced. So alternatively than throw away income on these we give a range of methods to cleanse your Ugg Boots and guarantee that they stay seeking as very good as they dayugg boots outlet came out of the box.

Step one - You will need to quite lightly dampen the outside of the boot with some cold drinking water. It is important that at no stage do you totally immerse them in water. Immersing them in drinking water not only has an effect on the lining of the boot within but will also induce the boot to end up misshaped.

Do you have boots with the fur??

-Robert

• 4 weeks later...

I have a 65 122s coupe.

4905824502_89cd3c5938.jpg

102_1122 by Photos by Zachary, on Flickr

Had a:

67 122s wagon

4938751721_f3487f667f.jpg

zachs babies, grad.,& party 038 by Photos by Zachary, on Flickr

68 142s

5316790805_6fc98aec05.jpg

CIMG0047 by Photos by Zachary, on Flickr

85 245ti

5598814881_3f7556cb09.jpg

CIMG0073 by Photos by Zachary, on Flickr

5566821474_06139ccd73.jpg

CIMG0058 by Photos by Zachary, on Flickr

When I had my 240 I was a really stupid kid(now I am a stupid adult lol) and I had the sub frame about a inch off the ground and I raped it daily, it went to the junk yard is because a man hole took out the sub frame. But I turned up the boost and e-break slid that thing ALOt ahah

Volos my first love