With only a dime and a dream.

DatMo

I need seals all around for the car.

I've heard datsunland isn't too bad and I know everythin is kinda pricey but I'm looking from something decently affordable/

I was interested in purchasing these, but I'm not sure exactly what they're for.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Datsun-510-1600-bluebird-inner-door-squeeges-Genuine-Nissan-factory-NOS-1pr-/120883551729?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c25389df1

and i was also wondering what i could do to cover the part that's inside my doors at the bottom near my feet?

if you look in the pic above, its where the tape on the door is. 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Referring to the pics thread when you asked about air dams, if you paint the inside of the spook black and the outer area in the body color it looks pretty sweet. Don't remember the guys name but some one has done that with a green 510.

Edit: guy is docsis510

Referring to the pics thread when you asked about air dams, if you paint the inside of the spook black and the outer area in the body color it looks pretty sweet. Don't remember the guys name but some one has done that with a green 510.

Edit: guy is docsis510

thing is I just want straight black.

I have seen what you're talking about on an orange 510 and it does look awesome.

I just think the black with my color might not work.

and the bre spook is being to appealing on my 510's color in black.

ranman72 has the black sppok. 

Get a piece of cardboard paint it black and tape it to the front, that will tell you if it will look right

that is one of the greatest ideas i've heard in forever. 

thank you. very well needed.

O was also going to do the sides under my doors today. you think some hemp wood and vinyl would do the tricl?

but how would i keep theim in place? 

made little indoor side skirts.

this was only to test fit and not the final product.

CAM00149_zps5f5c1547.jpg

this was the final and there is a small air bubblle sadly but the seat covers that are anyways.

CAM00149_zps5f5c1547.jpg

bought some carpet padding form home depot. I'm not sure it'll work but I'm hoping.

any idea how to keep it down? I was gonna use some really strong adhesive but not sure yet.

kinda thick so i gotts cut some spots for the seat holes and what not.

CAM00166_zpsb441e95c.jpg

I cut my trans hole and forgot to take pics of the cut until after I covered it and what not but this is after I put the tite seal.

CAM00177_zps5fab0539.jpg

and this is the other sides indoor side skirts final product.

CAM00179_zpsf5c8a840.jpg

Wow it's lookin good man, wasn't hard at all to do the trans hole was it.

thanks! and nah. not too bad.

it was just that im afraid i cut it a bit too big that a boot wont fit when i drill it on.

It's somewhat decent though.

im pretty sure I'll need to get the thing redone if i get a boot. or maybe not because those civic center consoles have a boot. 

I got some hemp board from home depot.

I got a couple of staples and sanded the hemp board so it'd fit under the chrome piece that sits on top.

I screwed it in to stay in place through the holes for the chrome pieces. I stapled the top and stapled it from the rear with the shortened staples so they wouldn't cut through the vinyl. .

I also used some foam with adhesive.

just as I did my door panels and kicker panels.

Cool.  Thanks.  We're rounding the bend to putting shit back together in ours and figured it wouldn't hurt to have more ideas that have been used  :thumbup:

make sure you trim a little if you do your own door panels because someitmes, in a friends incident, he didn't and the panel was too big to close by some centimeters. 

decided my rim choice would be enkei compes.

15x8.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENKEI-COMPE-RIMS-GUNMETAL-16x8-4x114-3-0-4-NEW-WHEELS-/290901099337?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43bb0e8349&vxp=mtr

like so but will be getting from another source.

And I'm not sure which color depending on if i want the mk1 lip.(duckbill)

if anyone selling a duckbill. please contact me

It looks cool but I'm not sure on my blue.

any thoughts?

http://www.build-threads.com/project-510/project-datsun-1600-part-8/

had an hour or so to put in some carpet finally.

I put the foam and it all went well.

CAM00188_zpsdf8654f9.jpg

I didnt use foam for this piece because it was so small. 

CAM00191_zpsc62c6045.jpg

if you see this white smudge, its adhesive because i sprayed but nothing came out of the can, then i shook it and it randomly spat.

and of course, it spat on the capret that was completed.

does anyone know how to remove the adhesive!?

CAM00192_zpsdca010bd.jpg

Yep, Joel is right:

Amco 510 factory option ;) not sure on the seats...

I'm assuming these are incredibly hard to come up on?

I was wondering what size speakers you guys need if you want to put speakers into your doors.

I'll do my research but no harm in asking.

I'm assuming these are incredibly hard to come up on?

I was wondering what size speakers you guys need if you want to put speakers into your doors.

I'll do my research but no harm in asking.

Not incredibly hard to find, but not something very common.

Please dont cut up your door panels to run speakers. Just make new kick panels out of mdf and put speakers there... theres even a recess in that area to fit the magnet. 

• Like 1

Not incredibly hard to find, but not something very common.

Please dont cut up your door panels to run speakers. Just make new kick panels out of mdf and put speakers there... theres even a recess in that area to fit the magnet. 

how much do they run for? I guess I'll just have to keep my eyes open for them.

well what size speakers can run in the kickers.

I had originally planned to put speakers in the kicker panels but im not sure about sizes at all.

For speaker sizes just see what will fit, anything from a 4" to a 6x9 could probly fit, make some cardboard cut outs in the shape and size of the speaker and see what fits

good idea. I'll take the piece to best buy and see what i can get.