With only a dime and a dream.

DatMo

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I could always resell for same value because I heard a lot of people look for these.

not only that but anything can become the norm.

I'll see how it goes.

its funny. before i bought this, i did research awhile ago and a lot of people looked for it.

now i post i got one and a lot of people say ehhh. haha

its funny. before i bought this, i did research awhile ago and a lot of people looked for it.

now i post i got one and a lot of people say ehhh. haha

Not too sure what that means. 

Ill explain my comment. If youre just running 280zx brakes up front you should have picked up the 7/8s MC. If you are running rear discs as well then youll want the 15/16s. The 15/16s will be pretty stiff since youre only running one set of discs. Itll all function together fine, you may just get tired when using the stiff brakes. 

• Like 1

Not too sure what that means. 

Ill explain my comment. If youre just running 280zx brakes up front you should have picked up the 7/8s MC. If you are running rear discs as well then youll want the 15/16s. The 15/16s will be pretty stiff since youre only running one set of discs. Itll all function together fine, you may just get tired when using the stiff brakes.

Thanks.

I'll test the stock mc for awhile then switch to the z mc and see how it feels.

if its too stiff, then ill just resell.

I'm buying it for $100.

I dont think im getting ripped off.

thanks for the inpuit

If its a 15/16 from a z it will be proportioned for rear drums ifnl its from a zx its proportioned for rear discs.

I'm running a 7/8 master cylinder from a z. the pedal is pretty stiff but not really hard, don't have any experience with a 15/16 but I've heard there quite stiff. Its really up to the drivers preference

• Like 1

If its a 15/16 from a z it will be proportioned for rear drums ifnl its from a zx its proportioned for rear discs.

I'm running a 7/8 master cylinder from a z. the pedal is pretty stiff but not really hard, don't have any experience with a 15/16 but I've heard there quite stiff. Its really up to the drivers preference

thats what i had also read.

that the z one im buying is disc/drum.

Thanks for the info.

i will take that 15/16 if u decide u wanna 7/8...i run a 210 booster and require the 15/16 m/c and need one again....my truck runs a 7/8 now but i had a 15/16 on it for a few days ... it was much harder .....but with a booster it is better to use he bigger bore..... keep me in mind if u decide to go withthe 7/8

the size of the bore has little to do with the disc front or rears unless coming off vehicles with similar set ups .... internal residual valves are different from disc to drum......secondly if your buying from flat cat your getting ripped off....cuz u cant sell datsun parts unless u own a datsun.....lol....flat cat is good,  he aint ripping u off...100 is fair for a working order z master ...like i said i am interested in it if your selling since i run a power booster/...

is that a contribution or just a chance to act like a ass

this made me laugh.

I'll keep you in mind. im not installing until awhile because i need some 14inch rims and i wanna do all my suspension at once.

so itll be a month and a half or so when i have all my coilovers and rims w/ tires.

if it doesnt feel too good for me. ill be sellin it to you

Might buy some stainless steel brake lines. I got the cylinder and the zx struts so why not redo the lines?

Are they worth it? 

or just use the normal ones.

For the price, its nice to replace the old rubber. You already have everything apart so why not?

What's a good price?

I was planning on gettin these.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Red-Stainless-steel-brake-lines-hoses-69-73-Datsun-510-/251299455966?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3A510&hash=item3a829d63de&vxp=mtr

flatcat told me it was a good deal.

just want some other opinions and they seem about the same price was other ones. 

That sounds about right... its for all four corners so its not a terrible price. You might be able to find some a little cheaper if you remove your stock piece, take it into a hose shop, and they will make you brand new ones in SS braid. Those arent a horrible price though, so I wouldnt be too busted up about buying those.