With only a dime and a dream.

DatMo

Yea dude you need to tune them and that should fix it, I'm sure a more knowledgeable person will chime in

is that also the reason for the high rpm's?

I feel like that could be the linkage to the pedal.

That was broken.

I'm gonna try extending that thing then putting it back on so that it's at the most extended it can be.

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

is that also the reason for the high rpm's?

I feel like that could be the linkage to the pedal.

That was broken.

I'm gonna try extending that thing then putting it back on so that it's at the most extended it can be.

It could be a stuck throttle linkage. Start the car and let it idle. Get under the hook and with your hand, rev the engine. Look at the linkage and see what's happening. Could be a stretched out spring not compressing like it should. Maybe you're missing the return spring. A warn bushing could be causing the linkage to bind and not return to idle.

It could be a stuck throttle linkage. Start the car and let it idle. Get under the hook and with your hand, rev the engine. Look at the linkage and see what's happening. Could be a stretched out spring not compressing like it should. Maybe you're missing the return spring. A warn bushing could be causing the linkage to bind and not return to idle.

I already did.

The linkage is running smoothly and I have the throttle return spring.

at first, I thought it was that because my spring was old and rusty so I bought 2 new ones...

I got some vids of the problems. m dad came out and helped me after a quick argument.

He got the car tuned a bit with no back firing.

It is shaking a lot but I'm used to that but he said it's form the matchbox which I disagree with.

http://youtu.be/H09cuPwhQXc

this is the car idling. I've never heard dual su's so im not sure if this is rich but I feel it is.

http://youtu.be/J7JRs68X4sY

in this video, you can see the carbs are rich.

I do have a new spring and yes, everything moved freely.

but no backfiring from the exhaust at least. :thumbup:

prolly a intake leak ..... check under the manifold theres sometimes wholes to plug...or stronger return springs ......and yes I was pressing it lol

wheres your timing at?

Well we pressed it because no one was inside pressing gas. lol.

I don't know how to check my timing but I know that has to do with backfiring.

That's gone but still, timing is something to check.

I know that one carb is taking more air than the other.

I'm not sure how to fix that. 

I will be messing with the carbs this sunday but in the mean time, I tohught I'd get some of the other shit out of the way.

I lowered the car from the rear finally.

My tachometer came in and that will go on sunday as well probably.

I halso have to put the driver doors door panel in and I will be done.,

Things are looking up.

These pictures look weird but it's low enough for me and i can't get a finger in straight. 

lowered_zps4e3c5232.jpg

low_zpseb30d1ae.jpg

Haven't driven to know if it rubs but I'm hoping it won't.

I have 14x7 +12 so it will hopefully workout.
  • Like 2

so today went pretty whatever.
The car is now able to be driven but I do want to take it to a shop to make sure the timing is done and tuned a bit more.
Thanks wayno!

I got a new battery but I don't have a tray or anything so I'll have to buy one tomorrow.
I did make return lines but I'm not sure if they're safe. Anyone think this is too close or IF gas gets on tranny, anything could happen?
The one on the right of the picture seems to short and I'm not sure if that could be dangerous.

CAM00739_zpsc203cb85.jpg

The idling.
This sounds decent to me and my friend. Whatcha guys think? I'm pretty sure my timing is still off a bit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4TbXEP9JjM&feature=youtu.be

This is the car starting.
my dad said it's off a little as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=10mflnr3__o&feature=youtu.be

My license test is tomorrow. wish me luck!!!

How's the test go....

failed by one..... it was bullshit too.

this time they didn't take me on the high way as well.

A new route which is weird because vision tests only have one route.

I was gonna pass then as I ENTERED the DMV PARKING LOT. a lady crossed and I had gone when she had only put ONE leg on the curb.

That was a hazardous maneuver and I got marked off.... why didn't I wait longer...

• 4 weeks later...

Damn dude don't feel bad I failed my first driving test. You'll get it next try

i got my licesne. but ima dumbass. first day i got to drive my dime, i hit my damn garage. haha. but all that happened was i just bumped my chrome bumper. it'll be expensive to fix but im happy it's not any more. lesson learned.

been driving for some time now. I love it more than anything. I just want to do more to my dime because projects never end. lol

I have this bad ass idea of keeping my blue but with black accents around the car. such as fender mirror lips and hako wing. I'll prob get lots of hate for that but it's my car.

but it's been all to good but my rear brake cylinder had a leak or something. I kept leaking brake fluid....

I got a new one and will put it on soon as well.

My front mk1 lip came too.

I just need to get my l20b, fender mirrors, hako wing, and I'll be happier than shit.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. 

I love datsuns more than i imagined now. after driving them, every other car sucks.

• Like 1

Damn dude don't feel bad I failed my first driving test. You'll get it next try

i got my licesne. but ima dumbass. first day i got to drive my dime, i hit my damn garage. haha. but all that happened was i just bumped my chrome bumper. it'll be expensive to fix but im happy it's not any more. lesson learned.

been driving for some time now. I love it more than anything. I just want to do more to my dime because projects never end. lol

I have this bad ass idea of keeping my blue but with black accents around the car. such as fender mirror lips and hako wing. I'll prob get lots of hate for that but it's my car.

but it's been all to good but my rear brake cylinder had a leak or something. I kept leaking brake fluid....

I got a new one and will put it on soon as well.

My front mk1 lip came too.

I just need to get my l20b, fender mirrors, hako wing, and I'll be happier than shit.

Thanks to everyone on this forum. 

I love datsuns more than i imagined now. after driving them, every other car sucks.

I was wondering where you've been, sucks about your bumper but at least your ok and your car wasn't damaged badly. Hako wing has just been done recently and it doesn't look too bad but I myself wouldn't put one on my dime. Show us some pics of the damage, can't give us an update without pics -_-

I was wondering where you've been, sucks about your bumper but at least your ok and your car wasn't damaged badly. Hako wing has just been done recently and it doesn't look too bad but I myself wouldn't put one on my dime. Show us some pics of the damage, can't give us an update without pics :sleep:

fair enough. I'll get pics as soon as i can. My phone and computer have all been shitty lately. I've had my friends take photos for my instagram. haha. 

But thanks!

Now we could actually go on those fun runs and all. well. after this weekend hopefully.

that fucking coupe is awesome...

but idk. i want to make the wing black and the fender mirrors black and i have aplasti dipped rear garnish kinda thing which is black as well..

I was thinking of black fender flares but my tires would be tucked in so it'd prob be ew. im sitting flush right now. 

I think the wing is hit or miss. Mostly miss. 

If you shaved the supports down some, as to put the bottom slanted part of the wing on the trunk, it'd look better imo. 

But then at that point you might as well get a BRE tail.

I've never seen a bre tail?

I really think that i could play it off potentially. but i think if my car's light blue, a black wing would look decent.

black wing with black rear panel black mk1 lip and black fender mirrors. it just seems so damn awesome to me. 

I'd do fender flares but i'm not sure yet...

What's your IG?

projectmoonspeed

• 2 weeks later...

the car has been good to me but yesterday my idle went up to around 1300 for no reason and when i start the car, nothing is happening....

So i wanted to get the carb running but im pretty sure my unisyn is not working because the ball isnt moving and i tried it on two cars to make sure it wasn't just mine.

I'll have to get another one but because I didn't want the day to go to waste, I lowered my rear the most it could go.

but it's worth nothing if the car doesn't move :(

i think I'll have to get them done professionally

when i start the car, It's just like the battery is dead but it's not... i'm assuming my starter is going bad. 

the carbs are probably worn too but shit happens.