With only a dime and a dream.

DatMo

Check all of the terminals on your battery and starter

will do.

update: got my idle down and now its running a bit better but im waitin to get my unisyn to run better.

anyone know how bad mileage would be on worn su's?

I'm pretty sure my set is worn :/ but not postive.

stil hopeful. 

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old SU's I had in my Z would drain out when it sat for more than a few hours.....

......it made for extended cranks and gas in the oil.........not to mention the horrible gas milage......no bueno.....

The old SU's I had in my Z would drain out when it sat for more than a few hours.....

......it made for extended cranks and gas in the oil.........not to mention the horrible gas milage......no bueno.....

I can understand su's having problems but I tuned mine now and they're running amazing. I'm loving it.

Just checked out your thread. I love the blue with the gold rims and headlights!

The rear portion you painted black is exactly what I have been thinking of doing to mine, so its cool to see a finished product.

Good work

I didn't like the panel in the back since it seemed like a poser move but i love it now and it grons on me every time i see it.I don't even want a rear garnish now. 

and thanks man! glad some one digs it. haha 

i got a quick question. ive asked a few indivisuals and from my research, im assuming im right but.

when installing and mk1 lip, did anyone have a split? or where you able to connect the split.

im also considering getting some corbeau racing seats but anyone have feedback of them in a datsun? im looking into the classic bucket they have.

lol on my truck we mad a brace o stiffen it up ... not sure i have a pic of it but it made the gap in the center more uniform and lesa flimsy

interesting.

Atleast i know i didnt do it wrong.. lol.

If you ever find a pic, post!

I decided to get some corbeau (more than likely forza) seats.

I know it sounds dumb but I'm gonna run 3 point for awhile and i dont mind it.

I might look like a poser or what not but at the end of the day, it's my car.

I just can't decide on what color. 

The red looks awesome but a bit flashy and black looks decent.

I've also been looking into a ka swap lately. Within the next year, I hope to swap that.

But i wanna push a little bit more out of my l16 first. 

I've changed my mind. I decided to put money into mechanics of the c ar rather aesthetics for now.

I hope by the end of around spring break to have a ka24de inside of my 510.

I have some big plans such as a turbo, short shifter, headers, a decent exhaust but I gotta take it one step at a time.

I was doing research and I talked to skib and there didn't seem to be that many issues for the swap besides a new sway bar, xmember, and drive shaft.

I can buy the xmember and hopefully if I find a sway bar, that too. The driveshaft, I'm not sure if i could buy one already cut and what not for the ka swap.

Would you guys recommend me doing a ka swap if I can't weld or anything? I can cut but not weld or machine.

I'm sure I could figure out the wiring with the ka since they sell the can/am boxes.

I also need to get a defroster rubber piece or whatever they call it.

I need to find a diy version.

not paying datsunlandsocal 120 for a piece that i could probably make

i've heard single cams handle the boost better. but the cost of adding a turbo and engine internals will set you back, but seeing your car, it seems like the money isnt coming from just your pocket

• Like 1

the money is coming strictly from my pocket. my parents havent bought me a single thing. i sold my video games and useless shit to pay for everything on my car and im very proudful for that.

i know what you mean driving it for a year but im much more into fuel injection and i would much rather have a ka than carbs. dont get me wrong, carbs are cool and all but for a dd, i feel like a ka would be better.

I have a hitachi carb. It acts like fuel injection. It's been my daily for almost 3 years, driving it everyday, even in the winter.

I would upgrade to the L20 first, instead of going straight to the KA

• Like 1

I have a dime with a KA swap. Had it since 2008, driven it once. From the exhaust shop to the house. There is a lot involved and I am still not done. I would recommend getting your current setup going. Do whatever other mods you want to do, ie brakes, suspension, interior, lights, and buy the engine and acquire everything you need to do the swap while you drive. Read lots of swap builds to make sure you have all the parts you need. Then go for it. I did the swap first, then felt I needed to get suspension brakes up to par before driving it. Hence the long time of owning it and little driving. That being said, it's your car and you can do as you please. I just wish I had bought an l16/18/20b to replace the blown engine that came with mine and driven it while I prepped for the KA.

• Like 1

If you get those su's dialed in it will be as reliable as anything

I  have and i love it.

I was considering l20b with mikunis and i wouldnt start anything until i had all the parts.

I just think ka would be a good source of power, fuel efficient and its fuel injected.

The only real part is that im doing the swap alone.

I've seen many people complete it but because of my lack of knowledge it scares me.

I know an l20b is a bolt in which is much easier.

I have a hitachi carb. It acts like fuel injection. It's been my daily for almost 3 years, driving it everyday, even in the winter.

I would upgrade to the L20 first, instead of going straight to the KA

thinking of it more and more, this is something i REALLY consider.

I plan to go to a ka24det in my future but plans dont always work with cars. 

L20 with mikunis is not going to win any economy awards, I only get between 24-28 mpg with my ka. The reliability is nice for things like cold mornings but you don't have to worry about that.

Enjoy the car for what it is, its too nice to start cutting up for a ka swap

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

with that said q-tip.

I've been planning my swap on paper and hope to get the parts within the next few months but l20b is the way to do it in my eyes.

It'll be a swap i can do on my own and i'd much more enjoy that while keeping it classy.

I'lll keep my dual su's for a bit but if i decide i want mikuni's ill probably get those.

I plan to get a 5 speed as well.

Once I save up for the 5 speed and l20b, I'll start my swap.

I'm hoping to spend less than a grand on those 2 together.

The carbs will probably be another grand if i decide to get them. 

and personally, I may not NEED choke but it's always hopeful and it gets cold out here in cali.

Not as cold as everywhere else but sometimes cold enough that the car won't start on the first cranks

If youre just looking for a basic L20b and a 5spd, Im sure youll find one for less than a grand. 

I am looking for a basic but i decided that if i found something already worked on a bit within a grand price range, why not.

I was hoping to find a stock l20b for around $400. so if i see something better for aorund 7, I'll more than likely pick it up... when i have money. lol