With only a dime and a dream.

DatMo

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked this already and been searchign and cant find ANYTHING.

i have momo hub adapter.

I was wondering if an nrg hub lock would fit on it?

buying a quick release and needa know if i should buy the hub if it'll fit?

I asked this already and been searchign and cant find ANYTHING.

i have momo hub adapter.

I was wondering if an nrg hub lock would fit on it?

buying a quick release and needa know if i should buy the hub if it'll fit?

Yes. 

• Like 1

So hubs are generally not universal on either the steering column side or the steering wheel side. Each car or group of cars has a hub that will fir their specific spline. Then each hub is usually one bolt pattern: Momo or Nardi/Personal. Quick releases, locks, and tilts are generally universal on both sides as the mechanics to makes them expensive. Hubs are usually just a single (maybe 2) piece(s) of metal with 3in. of wiring for the horn; pretty easy. The other items need springs, many metal parts, cams, rings, push buttons, etc. to function. 

• Like 1

So hubs are generally not universal on either the steering column side or the steering wheel side. Each car or group of cars has a hub that will fir their specific spline. Then each hub is usually one bolt pattern: Momo or Nardi/Personal. Quick releases, locks, and tilts are generally universal on both sides as the mechanics to makes them expensive. Hubs are usually just a single (maybe 2) piece(s) of metal with 3in. of wiring for the horn; pretty easy. The other items need springs, many metal parts, cams, rings, push buttons, etc. to function. 

ohh. yeah. i realized when I got my hub it was such a simple item.

and the other side was just the 6 point. which is the universal size im assuming which fits the quick releases and hub locks since they're universal on both sides.

and the steering wheel will still attach to the qr. 

sweet. this is some good information i can carry a long way.

Thanks again. 

and the other side was just the 6 point. which is the universal size im assuming which fits the quick releases and hub locks since they're universal on both sides.

Incorrect. Its not universal on the hub, only the QR. The hub will have either a 70mm PCD or a 74mm PCD. That is what determines what steering wheel will bolt to it if you didnt use a QR. 

If you buy a quick release it will have to have a momo bolt pattern on the base side. The wheel side is usually double drilled (70mm bolt circle and 74mm bolt circle).

Thats true, there are single patterned QRs  sometimes with the wheel face being universal.

Well my friend is shipping me the qr.

It's a red nrg thin quick release.

I don't have much money so I'm waiting until next week for the paycheck to buy the hub lock.

The nrg quick release is universal so it'll fit my momo hub fine. 

Thanks for the help guys.

got my quick release. buying the nrg hub lock tonight

still looking for a pair of 280zx assy for conversion.

yenpit was contacting well but then faded.

buying a set if coil overs are already on. 

i bought a momo hub. an nrg thin quick release. and i have a nrg wooden steering wheel.

nothing is working together. the quick release is on the hub. but the part that removes is not stickign to the steering wheel, nor the quick release.

These god damn parts...

Nothing is lining up. I can get the qr onto the hub but the wiring makes no sense, the qr has two wires, the hub adapter has one, and the column has none... The qr attachment that's suppose to fit onto the wheel is really lose and I'm not exactly sure how to put it on without the wiggle.The screws that came with wheel are too long to go on the screws with the qr. my wheel is an nrg wooden steering wheel. I have a thin nrg qr. and i have a momo hub adapter.

anyone able to help me out?

Thanks in advance.

I know this is suppose to be simple and all. I feel retarded for not figuring this out.

I only have phone pics. sorry.

the momo hub has wires to connect with but there's nothing on the hub.

CAM00226_zps8a8cc4d6.jpg

I got this pic with the car but I'm almost 100% sure it doesnt belong.

CAM00227_zps0ddc6c35.jpg

this is a small plastic piece which im assuming covers the column.

I'm not sure because It doesn't seem to fit when I put the momo hub on.

CAM00228_zps9fdf8630.jpg

every time i put the momo hub on, I kept getting this gap that I didn't even know how to cover. the momo hub wouldn't go deeper.

Does anyone know hoe solve this. can't find anything on it. people with my setup seem to be doing just fine. so, im retarded. lol

here's the center console I got form docsis. 92 civic.

CAM00232_zps2c4ccd95.jpg

here's the thin quick release.

CAM00235_zpsdece1627.jpg

CAM00234_zps3e891646.jpg

and here's the steering wheel that the qr won't attach to without any gap leaving the wheel loose on the qr.

CAM00236_zps92d9a73b.jpg

I don't believe htis is a stock steering column? not sure though.

and anyone know what that hole above the column is?

It's empty.

CAM00237_zpsd8287b1a.jpg

I took off some plastics.

CAM00240_zps6e975e1e.jpg

this is under the dash.

CAM00239_zps2960c331.jpg

I got the hub on but now i know there's something wrong.

and there's no wire for the horn?

CAM00238_zps486c40e3.jpg

OK, the one with the 3 holes is a grant hub, if you have a momo hub, you don't need that piece. The momo hub goes straight onto the shaft, then put the nut on and tighten it down. The qr bolts to the momo hub.

http://ltbautosports.com/ltbqure.html

That is what I used with my grant hub so the wheel was further away

yeah, i kinda figured since bolting patterns were different. but then on my column it was cut and welded on some new pieces.

I did tighten the nut down and it still left a gap. 

I'm just gonna adapt my plastics so the column still looks decent.

What's the hole above my column for?

also, my column had this little thing on top that was taped down. and the whole plastic was taped but i removed that crap.

thanks anyways. also, im nto sure what to call it, but the entire thing that was on the column wasn't screwed on correctly so i took it off, took pics of hwo it was and reassembled so now it fits correctly. 

thanks tohugh. 

I won't be driving the car for awhile.

I won't be using it daily until september so I decided to get the car into a body shop.

I'll have to save up but I'm not gonna buy weather stripping until afterwards because that only makes sense.

My front strip is good but I think i should take if off anyways because there may be rust under.

When I got my car, the ugy just painted over the rust and what not.

Does anyone know how much an avg body shop would cost to remove rust, fill in dings (etc) , and repaint same color?

I'm expecting a lot.

I called three body shops and 2 of them said that they wouldn't do it unless it was a shell with no engine inside.

the other didnt answer but I seem the most curious about.

Do you have to take out your engine if you wanna paint your bay?

It's an l16 so there's plenty of room.

my nrg hub lock came in the mail today and it DOES NOT WORK.

the attachment doesn't fit the thin quick release...

waste of money. dammit...

NRG Innovations has developed the Next Generation in anti-theft security for vehicles with aftermarket quick release systems. A perfect compliment to its Quick Release Systems, these units are meant to quickly and easily disable the use if the steering hub by not allowing the placement of a steering wheels into the hub. No more worries of someone simply replacing your steering wheel with their own to drive away with your vehicle. You can now even leave your steering wheel in the car instead of carrying it around. Made from solid steel and utilizing the Ball-Lock design and key mechanism, this product will deter any would-be thief from stealing your ride. *** NOT compatible with Thin Version Quick Release or Quick Tilt System

If you bothered to read the website...

If you bothered to read the website...

I bought it from a friend that had it on a website from wholesale.

I read that website.

And I'm incredibly stupid to not read the actual company's website.

Worst comes to worst, I can sell this and get full value back.

I'm an idiot. lol

Paint looks better than most Datsuns on the road! I think your opening a can of worms if you start taking car apart to paint,fix it and enjoy it for a while and get familiar with the car. If your seriously gonna spend good money on a paint job and body work might as well pull engine and tranny its easy and you will not be happy if you leave the motor in the car. I would be removing as many things as possible before I took it to any body shop

Paint looks better than most Datsuns on the road! I think your opening a can of worms if you start taking car apart to paint,fix it and enjoy it for a while and get familiar with the car. If your seriously gonna spend good money on a paint job and body work might as well pull engine and tranny its easy and you will not be happy if you leave the motor in the car. I would be removing as many things as possible before I took it to any body shop

It's funny. I was literally thinking the same hting at work a coupel of hours ago.

I was planning to take this auto body shop at the jcc I was gonna go to.

I decided before doing anything, I could build the car in the mean time and get my swap before hand.

I am planning to go to a l20b anyways.

This helped finalize my decision.

Plus, through the body shop, I could prep the car and make it a lot cheaper.

my brother painted his car in this class and it turned out really well according to a bmw/merc shop owner I know.

thanks man.