With only a dime and a dream.

DatMo

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

give!

Lol yeah, thats not going to happen haha. 

Back on topic though... once again, good luck with your shirts DatMo. Im sure whatever you do itll come out fine as long as you put some solid effort into it. 

Lol yeah, thats not going to happen haha. 

Back on topic though... once again, good luck with your shirts DatMo. Im sure whatever you do itll come out fine as long as you put some solid effort into it. 

a friend is actually gonna help me photoshop and what not.

he's a long time friend and he wants to invest as well.

how much are your crew necks?

edit: and thanks for the support man!

a friend is actually gonna help me photoshop and what not.

he's a long time friend and he wants to invest as well.

how much are your crew necks?

edit: and thanks for the support man!

Thats good. I would recommend that if youre going to keep doing this then: 1. I would learn to do the work yourself... then you wont have to rely on someone else for your designs. Eventually (if all works out for you), you will have so many designs or such complicated designs that your friend will get sick of you. For all that work, you might have to start paying him. 2. I would recommend using Illustrator and not Photoshop (if I only had to choose one program). Tshirt companies like the vectors that only Illustrator creates. Giving them the Photoshop files makes more work for them and they will charge you more accordingly. 

Thats good. I would recommend that if youre going to keep doing this then: 1. I would learn to do the work yourself... then you wont have to rely on someone else for your designs. Eventually (if all works out for you), you will have so many designs or such complicated designs that your friend will get sick of you. For all that work, you might have to start paying him. 2. I would recommend using Illustrator and not Photoshop (if I only had to choose one program). Tshirt companies like the vectors that only Illustrator creates. Giving them the Photoshop files makes more work for them and they will charge you more accordingly. 

thanks. appreciate the huge info and knowledge.

I'm sure my friend will get bored and i looked into learning gimp but it didn't seem like a reliable tool.

how much are your crew necks? got any other clothing? your design looks awesome  :thumbup: 

btw. I want to cover the part of the trunk that covers my fuel tank because I have nothing protect it. should i just measure it out and cut a piece of hemp wood?

or the same board material i sued for my door panels?  

thanks. appreciate the huge info and knowledge.

I'm sure my friend will get bored and i looked into learning gimp but it didn't seem like a reliable tool.

how much are your crew necks? got any other clothing? your design looks awesome  :thumbup:

btw. I want to cover the part of the trunk that covers my fuel tank because I have nothing protect it. should i just measure it out and cut a piece of hemp wood?

or the same board material i sued for my door panels?

Youre welcome. Hopefully you do something with the business. Always sucks to put a bunch of effort into something and have it not work out. 

That t-shirt I posted is $20 shipped. Thats the only current product I have, but I have a few more designs that I just finished up and will be releasing over the next couple weeks. Here is what I will offer:

8730953672_859d4675d6_c.jpg

8730216751_964088251e_c.jpg

8730308235_c1eb7c448e_c.jpg

8731835297_7b4bbcd0ac_c.jpg

Im going to be doing some clean-up on the designs and may alter he colors a bit, but they are mostly done. I appreciate the compliments.

There is an actual piece that covers up the fuel tank. Im sure you can just measure one up and cut something to fit though. Any thin MDF should be fine.

Youre welcome. Hopefully you do something with the business. Always sucks to put a bunch of effort into something and have it not work out. 

That t-shirt I posted is $20 shipped. Thats the only current product I have, but I have a few more designs that I just finished up and will be releasing over the next couple weeks. Here is what I will offer:

8730216751_964088251e_c.jpg

There is an actual piece that covers up the fuel tank. Im sure you can just measure one up and cut something to fit though. Any thin MDF should be fine.

thanks man! you GOTTA tell me when this shirt comes out. way interested. looks awesome.

thanks. I'm assuming that there's also a piece behind the rear seats that cover up the tank?

I have neither so I'll just cut two pieces. 

thanks man! you GOTTA tell me when this shirt comes out. way interested. looks awesome.

Will do.

thanks. I'm assuming that there's also a piece behind the rear seats that cover up the tank?

I have neither so I'll just cut two pieces.

Yes there is. That ones easier as its just a rectangle with one notch cut out of it. The trunk one is a little more complicated. 

Will do.

Yes there is. That ones easier as its just a rectangle with one notch cut out of it. The trunk one is a little more complicated. 

I'm sure I'll find my way around  it. havent worked on the datto in 2 weeks and its driving me nuts.

was gonna buy the zx struts but the guy bailed on me because he was going on vacation and needed money quickly so he sold to a local.

which is understandable but disappointing. i just needed pics and was gonna send the paypal. 

do you just have springs in the rear? and stock brakes? my teacher that has a restored 510 said to use 240z alum in the back if i wasnt going disc.

not sure what to do. I also heard the maxima conversion is cheap too. 

Right now I have coilovers in the rear with stock wheel cylinders. Eventually Ill go to discs, but with the ZX upgrade in the front Im pretty set for brakes. There are a couple options out there for rear discs... Maxima, 200sx, ZX, Wilwood. I wouldnt be worrying about rear discs at this point personally. As long as your function fine (and if you get some ZXs in front) you will have plenty of stopping power. 

Right now I have coilovers in the rear with stock wheel cylinders. Eventually Ill go to discs, but with the ZX upgrade in the front Im pretty set for brakes. There are a couple options out there for rear discs... Maxima, 200sx, ZX, Wilwood. I wouldnt be worrying about rear discs at this point personally. As long as your function fine (and if you get some ZXs in front) you will have plenty of stopping power. 

what coilovers you got running?

I was planning to do that diy coilovers for the rear in a couple months.

I wanna complete my interior because i know i wont be driving the car much and everything already performs well.

thanks for the advice. 

I have Troy Ermish coils. Theyre actually a local members extra set... they work great. 

funny thing is i was actually thinking i should get the performance 1 set instead of the ground control. just didnt know if the 510 coilovers he had for sale would work on 280zx assy.

are rear coil overs always that expensive? 500 - 600.

Ermish ones are pretty spendy, I got a good deal on the set Tristin is borrowing is why i have them. I'm happy with the ground control set that is in my car now. From what I have seen the diy look pretty good too and definitely cheaper

Ermish ones are pretty spendy, I got a good deal on the set Tristin is borrowing is why i have them. I'm happy with the ground control set that is in my car now. From what I have seen the diy look pretty good too and definitely cheaper

well the ground control sleeves are $220 and the first series ermish sleeves are $200. i`m waiting for awhile to do rear anyways. do people replace rear drums with 240z drims?

i found a 280zx assy with no shocks, top hat, or spring. can those be replaced with after market parts? i want coilovers so no worry for the sleeves but what about the top hat and shock?

so this is a good deal. what shocks should i get instead. they told ne mr2 inserts but they need cutting which i can`t do. and i don`t want to go too low. idk what shocks to get

There's so much info on lowering.  Some people just remove old inserts, shove some spacers in there, then put the mr2 in there... You can cut the strut tube down 2" and weld it.  You can cut the perch, lower it, reweld it...  You can cut the perch, use some pipe collars and then it'd be adjustable....

You can just get 280zx stock suspension setup, and i think its an auto 2" drop?? Don't quoute me on that, I dunno for sure.. I still have some info to be looking up on this stuff when I go to do the stuff.

With the Mr insert I just made a spacer and kept the tube full length. The 280zx springs are too big to fit in a 510, easiest fix is a cheap coil covers sleeve and a collar clamp.

I was gonna get the ground control or ermish coil overs and these specific struts. just don't know if its worth $170 because i know ima need to get new calipers and discs.

and im sure there's more that we can't see. well not to assume. hopefully not.

DSC02922_zpsd83879a1.jpg

I wouldnt pay $170 for incomplete struts, but if its the only set you have access to then its all you got. Ive got a set here I might pick up for $100. Its all about what you have around you. 

i decided to wait. but thanks.

I appreciate the advice.

I always seem to rush and i know if irush things, my car won't come out as great as i want it to be.

if you get that set and plan to sell. I'll be here  :thumbup:

the set at the jy i was gonna get got bought by my FRIEND. which was sad/ haha