72' KA24DE Wagon Daily Driver

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. But I'm not big on the idea of a shitty lowering job where my diff/driveshaft hit the floor, so I'm planning on raising the tunnel, dearching springs, and getting proper lowering blocks. All in due time. Next month or two I'll be doing the windshield, headliner+roof sound deadening, and the seals for the rear cargo windows. Looking at like 800$  :poop:

Shopping update! For Christmas, my mom got me some cool 510 clothes (and some funny amputee socks)

407430_4131492209180_827866246_n.jpg

My Dad gave me the shipping receipt for a fiberglass BRE style front lip... Stoked for it to be delivered in about 2 weeks! (Stole this photo from google images) (mine isn't carbon fiber)

207705_4131495609265_1856520271_n.jpg

Bought the 250$ cargo deals from Datsunlandsocal. FUCKING EXPENSIVE. Jesus. Ordered another stack of RAAMAT sound deadening, another 120$.. Found a cool little breather filter for my valve cover and a new black shift boot and black shifter knob on ebay for 30$, both on their way. Will update again when this is all installed! 

• 2 weeks later...

Progress update! I ordered a black headliner kit from Egay... 206$. Cargo seals are ready and waiting. 276$. More RAAMAT acoustic sound deadening and thermal insulation. 126$. New Redline MT90 tranmission fluid because I was having some REALLY notchy shifting after whatever the damn mechanic put in there. Teaches me what being lazy earns me... 60$. 

Just gotta get my next paycheck to afford a windshield and I'll be golden on the whole headliner deal. Also have a futofab BRE front lip coming in the mail soon!

580537_4218258418281_1749680204_n.jpg

Both rear quarters and the entire wheel well are now really solid. Less road noise=more happy driver.

734075_4218258658287_335389996_n.jpg

Almost ready for the sound system, just gotta build a better console with fiberglass to hold a double din. Hint: This will include two 12" subs and a custom enclosure. No rattly shitty wal mart business here. 

Beauty shot!
617032_4218261098348_759964209_o.jpg

• Like 1

I love this build. It looks like you are getting down to the fun stuff. Be careful with the stereo stuff.. this is what seems to attract the thieves. If you haven't already, start thinking about security. Alarm, kill switch.. whatever it takes! lol

Really looking good though.. I can't wait till I get to this stage. My wallet says otherwise though..

• Like 2
I love this build. It looks like you are getting down to the fun stuff. Be careful with the stereo stuff.. this is what seems to attract the thieves. If you haven't already, start thinking about security. Alarm, kill switch.. whatever it takes! lol

Really looking good though.. I can't wait till I get to this stage. My wallet says otherwise though..

Hidden kill switch installed. Stereo will be well hidden with a removable faceplate/screen. Luckily I live in a fairly decent area.