72' KA24DE Wagon Daily Driver

I turned 18 and decided it was finally time to drop my Mom's hand me down Honda and move onto one of the cars I've always wanted... a 510 Wagon. Today, I purchased it for a hefty sum that hurts too much to type, but it was fair. Mechanically and drivetrain wise, it's a dream and there is less than 1000 miles on the rebuilt engine and transmission. Absolutely zero rust and needs no body work either! It needs some electrical tweaking and some brake repairs this week and it's ready to be driven daily... Got lots of stuff to pick away at like suspension, interior, rubber around the doors (expensive!) and sound deadening etc etc. Overall, very satisfied with my first 510.

xOOJW.jpg

lduHf.jpg

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent 5k on it, I've been biding my time for this one! I'm going to be around here a lot since I'm still fairly new to the cars. All out of cash now but in a few weeks I'll have some money to put into it and I need to get a good to-do list going for this thing.

I mean to say this every time I see a KA, but I never get around to it: why would the intake reach all the way around from the colder side of the engine to the hotter side (the side with the exhaust manifold). It's never made any sense to me.

Anyway, your wagon looks great. Congratulations on your purchase.

Awsome goon! I am plan on starting the build on my 72 goon pretty soon. Still collecting parts. I think 5k is a very fair price considering the condition and KA swap. I would have paid it in a heart beat. Nice find!

Could use some electrical help with this car. Speedometer and Tachometer don't work, where should I start for this?

I think you should sell me those taillight lenses.

No but seriously, if you ever get rid of those, let me know.

Are they not the original lenses? Still new to this car scene!

Exhaust leak? Easy to have happen. Specially on a relatively new swap. You should go in there and re torque everything. You may learn/discover all kinds of things about your new lady. She is an eye pleaser. Love the cockpit. Where did the po install speakers?

Oh and make sure it's exhaust you are smelling, and not gas from the tank overflow in the passenger rear. You will know if it gets really bad after filling up. If that is the case only fill to 7gallons till you fix the overflow.

It's got a gas tank from one of the Z cars installed. No overflow or anything noticed. Theres a new exhaust on the car but it spits out like 2 feet before the cabin ends and there isnt anything between the carpert and the bare pan, which allows fumes to get into the car a bit. Plus, the engine swap is really well done but the firewall has some open holes they never plugged from the original. Engine needs a tune up from running rich right now so all of the combined leads to one fumigated car!