72' KA24DE Wagon Daily Driver

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just an idea of why I haven't updated lately... these will all be coming in one big post..

Flex Form lowering leaf springs
15x9 rear 15x8 front 0 offset Rota Shakotans wrapped in Toyo T1R 195/45r15 Tires
Muteki Neochrome extended lug nuts

About one week and they will all be here :) 

Maybe with the wagon rear axle it's a little different. I have 8J +12 in the rear and when "tucking" in about 2mm away from hitting the rim with uncorrected camber. I also haven't touched the door bump yet.

It would be nice to fit a 9J so I'll be watching to see if you can actually do it. Fingers crossed!

Minus a big FUCK YOU to Datsunland Socal (3 weeks, no replacement cargo seal still. He's an hour and a half away from me.) I got some new seats... 

575708_10200153043932387_1875440780_n.jp

Micheal tay or kay from datsunland,yes he is a piece of work thats for sure not very well liked around here.I wish there was more people to deal with.sorry about the fucking though.

• Like 1

How do you like the grip royal wheel and the bubble shifter.

Easy or had to shift with?

I was thinking of making those investments one day on my dime too.

Love them both! Superb quality, actually prefer shifting with the "dark crystal" as my friends call it now. 

Worked on the whip all day...

New Flex Form lowering leaf springs.... New Tires... New wheels... 

1004610_10200409534624494_1329475811_n.j
67916_10200409535104506_1961485124_n.jpg

Basically, the flex form springs bolted in. They definitely didn't bolt in EASY, required a lot of fucking around and adjusting jacks and all that but I got everything pulled, cleaned, and reinstalled in about 4 hours. My first leaf spring ordeal, so don't make fun of me  :angel: 

They brought my car down about another inch from having a flipped overload spring. I'm now about 1/2" from the differential bumpstop. Need to get in there and cut the bumpstops down. Next plan is modifying the trans tunnel and inner wheel arches so I can go a lot lower, almost Jun Imai's wagon status.. 

Wheels are gonna get tires mounted tomorrow, might have to roll the fenders more than I already did with a baseball bat and a jack. 

Also want to get adjustable air shocks and the traction bar setup for wagons will be paid for in a week and a half.. Good shit going on here folks! 

Anyways, more pics. 

When are you looking at cutting out the door bump? Interested in seeing how that goes. 

Maybe a month or two. Waiting for my new semester for automotive technology to start; I'm taking an advanced bodywork class and a welding class so I'll have access to all the materials and a shop to do it properly. I'll cut the inner art/door jamb, and weld a curved piece of metal to make it all flush with the wheel well.. Then heat the fuck out of the door's corner and slowly bend it to where it needs to sit "stockish" a la Jun's 510. Yes, I take a lot of inspiration from his build; suspension wise. 

Are you going to try and run 9J prior to the cutting?

Yes; I have a friend that ran these exact wheels and almost exact same tires on a wagon maybe 1/2" lower than mine and all it needed was a good fender roll and a healthy tire stretch. I'll be posting pictures of the wheels and tires mounted up hopefully tomorrow morning, damn tire shop closed at 6! 

I guess I could do that same stance. When I read you were tucking I thought you meant tucking rim and not just tire. Are the fronts 9J in that last picture as well?

Hah, no. Tucking rim on a non IRS wagon would be a sight to behold. The fronts in that photo are 7J+4; but he didn't have 280zx brakes/hubs. Narrowing the track width with those should allow 8J+0 to fit but we'll find out tomorrow man! 

Ha now were on the same page. Now you can see my questioning attitude. I have no doubts an 8J will fit. I have plenty of room up front.

Either way, I'm sure they will look great on the wagon. Shits hot already B)

Thank you very much! I wish I had some real wheels; Rotas will always be a little embarrassing. But it would be tough finding Hayashi Streets in said sizes/offsets and not having to lose my left nut for them. Plus, now I won't kill myself if they get curb rash! 

Car will be brought down to primer over the next few months after ride height is finished; I'm taking a vehicle paint and refinishing class. Hoping to have her painted within the first 2-3 months of next year. 

Thank you very much! I wish I had some real wheels; Rotas will always be a little embarrassing.

Just a little.

Car will be brought down to primer over the next few months after ride height is finished; I'm taking a vehicle paint and refinishing class. Hoping to have her painted within the first 2-3 months of next year.

I'm hoping maybe by next Summer I could be at that point. I'd love to take a class like that. Nothing close enough to my location that jives with my current school schedule.

I'll just have to reply on forcing JRock to teach me the ways and help me out.

Hah, no. Tucking rim on a non IRS wagon would be a sight to behold. The fronts in that photo are 7J+4; but he didn't have 280zx brakes/hubs. Narrowing the track width with those should allow 8J+0 to fit but we'll find out tomorrow man!

Haha just wait till I get some more money coming through and start a build thread!