72' KA24DE Wagon Daily Driver

Alright alright people! I'm not reallllly planning to sell her I was just down in the dumps the other day about not driving her for months and was talking to a vehicle importer about a right hand drive AW11 MR2  :angel: 

New O2 and Knock sensor are on, everythings buttoned up, and she's charging right now. Gonna start her up later and see if there's any change! If not, she's gonna go to a custom nissan shop. (Deep's Garage) 

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its something simple.. dont give up. its an engine, not a multi-stage nuclear rocket.

Felt that way at first, and I keep getting told that the KA24DE is so easy to diagnose, but everyone that's looked at the car ends up scratching their head and the internet hasn't helped out too much thus far! 

If it runs fine off idle and only dies when you let off it's VERY possible it's just a vacuum leak/IAC issue..........all the IAC does is control a vacuum leak......

..........at idle.

If it runs fine off idle and only dies when you let off it's VERY possible it's just a vacuum leak/IAC issue..........all the IAC does is control a vacuum leak......

..........at idle.

Could very well be... I might take off the intake, check gaskets, and try to quadruple check all my vaccuum lines are right again. I'll need a new IAC and the related harness

Could very well be... I might take off the intake, check gaskets, and try to quadruple check all my vaccuum lines are right again. I'll need a new IAC and the related harness

You don't need to take anything off.....it's harder to find the problem that way anyways......

Carb cleaner doesn't work that great........

Just go buy a small fog machine and hook up a hose from it to your intake somewhere.....plug of the induction tube and exhaust and smoke out the car......

I haven't tried this.........but I would if I didn't have access to a smoke machine.........

it sounds like an air metering issue to me. does it run with the maf unplugged? could be a vac leak like mentioned before. not sure if a regular party fog machine will work like an emissions fogger. i think i tried it once.. but if you have one, go for it.

make sure your fuel pressure is good.... and there IS gas in the tank. sounds dumb.... but yeah just be sure. lol

Use a stethoscope.  Take off the Membrane head so its just a loose hose at the end.  Now you can reach around and listen for the leak.  Its very easy to now you have found it.  It's a great way to be sure you fixed it as well.  Plus its easier than buying a fogger.  

I do approve of the bong method.  You will find every vacuum leak, in the entire house too...

Use a stethoscope.  Take off the Membrane head so its just a loose hose at the end.  Now you can reach around and listen for the leak.  Its very easy to now you have found it.  It's a great way to be sure you fixed it as well.  Plus its easier than buying a fogger.  

I do approve of the bong method.  You will find every vacuum leak, in the entire house too...

its just whether or not u will remember where it is  after 5 minutes of starring at your alt belt spinning./...

• Like 1